Valued Contributor

Upcoming TSV--Calista Fauxblo

Got an email telling me that this item is coming up on 3/30, I believe, as the TSV. Never heard of it before. After checking it out, I can't help wonder how this is really any different from using the Calista Perfecter, or for that matter, any heated round brush. I don't have the Perfecter, but I do have something else that's designed the same way. What I like about that type of design is that I can touch the bristles with my bare hand--the Fauxblo, you have to use a glove. Is that the only difference between the two? Does the Fauxblo produce better results, because, frankly, I just can't see an advantage to using it. Would love opinions, please.

Respected Contributor

Re: Upcoming TSV--Calista Fauxblo

@qualityshopper  I have the exact same item without the Calista Fauxblo name.  I've never used it on dry hair, though - it wouldn't do enough on dry hair.  My hair has to be at least damp to really have it do anything.  And I know I didn't pay anywhere near the price QVC is charging for this.  I've found, though, you still have to hold both arms up in the air far longer than is comfortable for me.  So I haven't really used it very often.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

It seems like the same products are brought back with a slight difference.  I own one of her heated brush tools and frankly you have to hold it too long to get results.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

To me that Fauxblo is like a curling iron with bristles on it and it seems not to be any different from the Perfecter as far as what it does...curl your dry hair. It says in the description to use on dry hair only so for me it would be double the work, blow dry first then curl. I'd rather use a blow drying round brush, for example Revlon's One-step dryer, which I have already and it's a great tool.

Honored Contributor

I had an original Perfecter an certainly got my money’s worth out of it.  In the last year or so some of the plastic bristles started breaking off.  A couple of weeks ago it stated acting funny when heating up, finally it went kaput.  I found an off brand of the same kind of tool on Amazon for about $35.  It has adjustable heat, heats up quickly, and has anti-scald protection.  I’m very pleased with it.

Super Contributor

I just love my fauxblo. I have used the Perfector for several years and still use for touch ups. The fauxblo makes my hair look like it was blown out not just curled. It gives my hair volume and great shine. I first got the mid size and was so pleased that when I finally was able to get my hair cut , I went back and got the small barrel. I do not blow my hair dry. I let it dry naturally and then use the fauxblo. I have silver grey curly hair. My hair used to be coarse but is now fine due to aging. I like it so much that I'm tempted to get another one as a spare in case something happens to my fave tool.   It's a good price break for me. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

To me that Fauxblo is like a curling iron with bristles on it and it seems not to be any different from the Perfecter as far as what it does...curl your dry hair. It says in the description to use on dry hair only so for me it would be double the work, blow dry first then curl. I'd rather use a blow drying round brush, for example Revlon's One-step dryer, which I have already and it's a great tool.

@SilleeMee   I use the Revlon dry/curl tool as well when I want to wear my hair straight. I never understood having to  dry your hair first before curling when these other tools (there are many besides the Revlon one now) can do both.

Respected Contributor

I have both cuz I'm a junkie for all tools!   My opinion, as I've posted on other forums, is that most of the Calista products are better as they come out with the 2nd generation.  They tweak things and improve as time goes on.

My Perfector is a few years old, and I use it mostly to fix the back of my hair.  I have hair that's not short, but not medium either - and I often wish I could just spin my scalp so I can see what I'm doing back there.  Think Curly-girl-wishes-she-has-long-straight-hair.  That's me.  The Perfector heats up but you can use it without gloves but watch out because you can burn your hand.

The FauxBlo you MUST wear the one glove that comes with the tool.  You must.  It gets hotttt.  And it sort of blows out hot hair whereas the Perfector just heats up with no air.

For me, I'm glad I have both in my arsenal, but I tend to pull out the FauxBlo more often than the Perfector.  

One this that the Calista line really, really, really should do is somehow label the barrel sizes on the tools.  Oftentimes, when you see a new tool offered, you have no idea what size barrel tool you already have.  I have called CS to ask what size I've ordered in the past after my order history did not go back far enough for me check.

Good luck!!

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood 

The Fauxblo is airless so it does not blow any air.

Honored Contributor

Looks like the Fauxblo does not have a temp control...?? Is that right??