Honored Contributor

Re: Unwanted hair... curses and grumbles -

Serious Skincare Liquid Laser works Great!!  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I use tweezers to pluck any and all unwanted facial hairs.

Respected Contributor

Many thanks to all, trying a cream remover next... Hope for smooth days to come!  Happy holidays! 👍🏼

Esteemed Contributor

You're not alone, @Skyegirl21.  I'm fair and very blonde (that turned white).  My upper lip hair grows in wiry and black.  WTH?!?!?  I use both the Flawless Finishing Touch single rotary shaver and a single-blade, battery-operated Remington shaver (about the size of a ballpoint pen).  Both are super cheap at the drugstore or Bed, Bath & Beyond.  I highly recommend using one or the other, or both. 

One time years ago I followed someone's advice and shaved the soft fuzzy hairs on my upper lip.  Ever since my first shave, my lip hair has grown in thick and black.  Like my husband's mustache.  So ladies, if someone tells you that shaving will not change the texture and color of your facial hair, do not believe them!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Laser is definately the way to go, most situations the hair is gone permanently.   

Respected Contributor

I have shaved my face off and on for years and my hair does not grow back thicker or darker.  I prefer shaving.  The only reason I can't shave regularly is that it irritates my skin. I have tried all sorts of methods, but nothing works,

I have the Evine shaver and it works fairly well, but I still have to tweeze some of those stubborn chin hairs.

Respected Contributor

I've shaved and epliated for years with absolutely NO change in my facial hair...what was soft and fine is still soft and fine. What was wirey and coarse is still wirey and coarse.

Re-growth after shaving "feels" different because the end of the hair has been cut, so of course it's blunt and prickly. But if you plucked or epilated that hair, it's pulled from the root, so when it grows back the end is "natural" again.

Respected Contributor

I shave my entire face (& anywhere I don't want hair, including my arms).

Years ago, I tried one of those tiny shaver pens- I find them USELESS!

And I'll never use a chemical remover (Nair). It's so unhealthy for your body, & bad for your skin.

Just shave with a regular razor. You'll like the SMOOTH results.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Does Olay still make the facial hair remover kits? I can only buy them now at Harmon Beauty (an affiliate of Bed Bath & Beyond.)

I use it monthly and it works pretty well. Any stray hairs it misses, I pluck away.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I finally just bought a Braun shaver (mens). It's so fast, easy, & painless.