Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unusual side effect from wearing mask

I have read that when wearing a mask to breathe through your nose and take shallow breaths.  I have found that really helps me to not feel so out of breath.

Honored Contributor

My goodness, how tight is a mask that pulls up a chin??? My masks aren't.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

I'm glad they're working for you!  Wearing a mask for long makes me light headed and almost nauseous.  Woman Sad

@spent2much I wear a mask at work.  I recently got one of the masks off of amazon that have the filter circle.  BIG difference.  I breathe much easier and to me it's cooler.

Sounds like you may have breathed some carbon dioxide.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 

I made them to fit so I can talk and move around w/o the mask shifting position.  

The ready-made don't fit properly.

----------------------------------------

@ID2 wrote:

My goodness, how tight is a mask that pulls up a chin??? My masks aren't.

Contributor

Adults and children alike are not getting enough oxygen into our bodies to function properly when wearing masks.  We are breathing in all the carbon dioxide we breath out. Our blood, bodies need ample amounts of oxygen because we are human beings.  I personally cannot wait until this horrible virus is gone....I know "they" say masks does not deprive the body of oxygen but sorry I just don't believe "them".....

Honored Contributor

@Suzanne53 wrote:

Adults and children alike are not getting enough oxygen into our bodies to function properly when wearing masks.  We are breathing in all the carbon dioxide we breath out. Our blood, bodies need ample amounts of oxygen because we are human beings.  I personally cannot wait until this horrible virus is gone....I know "they" say masks does not deprive the body of oxygen but sorry I just don't believe "them".....

@Suzanne53 , this theory has been debunked and shouldn't continue to be spread.  

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

It's good that it is making your chin firmer.  Unfortunately, wearing mask is making me develop some pimples under my ears (where the straps touch my ears).  But it is just minor irritation, wearing mask is definitely a safe and right thing to do, so I will continue to wear it.

@momoftwo2007 , wearing a mask is causing breakouts for me on my lower cheak area and jaw line.  They are minor but annoying.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Suzanne53 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva, it's just crazy, isn't it? Unfortunately, misinformation sticks like tar paper.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I wear a mask when I shop or go into public place.  I immediately take it off outside especially in this heat.  I do have problems.  Sometimes I cannot breathe.  Sometimes I cannot see, perhaps periferial vision... and believe it or not cannot hear at well.  Triple  problem  all at once.  I have tried lots of kinds of mask in every style and color... all non medical. I understand the need to wear them.. but like everyone else I am waiting for all this to be over. .                                    

@bonnielu wrote:

I wear a mask when I shop or go into public place.  I immediately take it off outside especially in this heat.  I do have problems.  Sometimes I cannot breathe.  Sometimes I cannot see, perhaps periferial vision... and believe it or not cannot hear at well.  Triple  problem  all at once.  I have tried lots of kinds of mask in every style and color... all non medical. I understand the need to wear them.. but like everyone else I am waiting for all this to be over. .                                    

Wow you almost described the feeling I have with wearing a mask completely. I almost get panicky. This is why I go nowhere but to pickup groceries. I don't have to wear a mask in my own car. On occasion I'll go inside a pharmacy and have to wear the mask. I rip it off the second I walk out the door. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Suzanne53 wrote:

Debunked it relative these days. And as far I know it is a free country we can say what we think.