Honored Contributor

Re: Unopened beauty products

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl  You can stil return them and get a penalty charge of $5 or $10 I think. Call CS. You stil have a week left. Your pkg. is honored if it postmarked before the actual deadline date.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

When I have too many products built up or stuff I do not like I leave them around for my husband and son to use like in a bathroom that they use that I won't, or by the kitchen sink. Just yesterday I moved a Korres body lotion to the kitchen because I did not like the smell and found it to be more drying than moisturizing. That was a disappointment and surprising. My guys don't care and will use it.

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart" Anne Frank
Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

When I have too many products built up or stuff I do not like I leave them around for my husband and son to use like in a bathroom that they use that I won't, or by the kitchen sink. Just yesterday I moved a Korres body lotion to the kitchen because I did not like the smell and found it to be more drying than moisturizing. That was a disappointment and surprising. My guys don't care and will use it.

Now this is truly amazing LOL!  My husband wouldn't touch one of my lotions for FEAR it smelled feminine like and my sons (3 of them) either Woman LOL

To the OP I would donate the item if you can't return it to QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can use the stuff up on your feet...knees, elbows (so you don't feel "guilty").   (!!!)

Facial products are not formulated for
"tougher skin", tho.....so don't expect miraculous results...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

If you can't return just throw them in the trash.

Honored Contributor

I would donate and let the buyer be the judge of risking a dollar or two.  Our St. Vincent's takes sealed beauty products, nothing opened.  

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

If you can't return just throw them in the trash.

@kitcat51 I find that is often the easiest solution. We all try things. Sometimes they simply don't work out and we should give ourselves a break and not overthink it.

Honored Contributor

I always feel guilty when throwing out a product.  I hate wasting, but I know it can't be avoided sometimes.

Honored Contributor

Live and learn! 

Honored Contributor

I typically use them as gifts for girlfriends or my housekeeper.  They all love beauty gifts!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.