Honored Contributor

Re: Unilever purchases Tatcha

Unilever purchased Laura Mercier many moons ago. I used to use many, MANY items from that line; purchased replacement items and noticed immediately that something was different via texture and smell (skincare) and color (makeup). I went back to my local Nordstrom to return the items thinking they were spoiled/gone bad; found out that these were the new formulations of the product. I asked what was wrong with the old ones and that's when I was told that Unilever had purchased the line about 6 months earlier. That was the end of Laura Mercier for me as they ruined her day cream with spf (was physical then, felt like whipped cream and very hydrating), foundation (made the shade darker) and all the lip colors I used were discontinued. The candles I loved left and the most popular bath and body scents were discontinued too.

Buy what you love of Tatcha NOW before it's too late.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

That was her intent all along............$$$$$$....sell

So what's wrong with that?  Part of the business world.

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, selling a beauty company usually means products will be altered to maximize profits for the new owners. 

While I think this makes good business sense, I don’t think it is generally good for customers. 

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

That was her intent all along............$$$$$$....sell

So what's wrong with that?  Part of the business world.

@RespectLife Totally agree with you. That is what people are in business for, to make money. If any of these entrepreneurs can start a company and sell for lots of money to a bigger company, more power to them! Very smart of them, I think. That's what Jamie of IT Cosmetics did. I assume she is sitting very pretty right now with all she made on her idea for cosmetics.

Honored Contributor

I am ALL for making top dollar on my business, but in this instance would NOT sell to a company that tests on animals.

I could not in good conscience do that.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm Evidently that was not a problem for the Tatcha lady, which is her right.

QVC Customer Care

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

WOW, hope it's worth it. I have tried that line and have not bought anything twice.

same here. Northing wowed me for the high prices and  the story they weave thoughout the sales pitch.

Occasional Contributor

Kind of like when Coti purchased another major QVC product.

Honored Contributor

I also never purchased any Tatcha twice and also returned many of the items I tried.  As always, the quality goes down when a company is sold so I'm sure this will be the case with Tatcha too.