Trusted Contributor

Re: Unilever buys Paula's Choice .

Paula's Choice is 1 beauty line that I have consistently bought over the years. I hope the quality will continue to be as good as it's current lineup. I appreciate all of the sales and usually stock up when there is a really good one. Hopefully the sales will continue since they help keep her product costs doable for me to enjoy. 

Super Contributor

I hope Paula's Choice remains true to the original formulas as much as possible because it works best on my sensitive skin.  Years ago my husband had his own independent auto parts store which was successful.  However, as more chain auto parts stores came into our town (which is a big city), he struggled to make a profit.  Customer loyalty vanished, small garages closed down due to computerized car systems, and soon the inevitable happened.  He sold out to one of the chains because he could no longer compete. Fortunately he was at the age of retirement and we rented the building for several years, so the timing wasn't completely a disaster.  I do miss the days of "Mom and Pop" stores and more individualized customer interaction though.  Guess that dates me as a "baby boomer"!  

Trusted Contributor

I have used Paula's Choice since 1995 when there were only a few products.  I hope the quality doesn't change and prices go up!!

Honored Contributor

Unless I can notice a lowering of quality, I will still continue to buy the products that I have used for years.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I never cared for Paula because she would put down other skincare.  I never purchased from her and never will.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Sounds like she wasn't taught "if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing" rule that we learned from our parents.  And maybe she was sick during business 101 and didn't learn how to effectively handle your competition.  Putting them down isn't one of the strategies Smiley Surprised  I would also try to avoid a business that did that but I'm sure I know next to nothing when it comes to behind the scenes competition!

Honored Contributor

One reason why I am so fussy about certain ingredients and always read the labels, I never know who owns these companies and ingredients can change once sold. I hope that does not happen with Paula's line. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@Katcat1 

Sounds like she wasn't taught "if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing" rule that we learned from our parents.  And maybe she was sick during business 101 and didn't learn how to effectively handle your competition.  Putting them down isn't one of the strategies Smiley Surprised  I would also try to avoid a business that did that but I'm sure I know next to nothing when it comes to behind the scenes competition!

@monicakm, I bet companies do it fairly often, but we don't hear about it. I think that PC began as an alternative to other skincare companies in that they were one of the first to really explain ingredients. I rarely saw her on QVC, but I doubt that she called out actual names.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Visitor

The only problem with my item being refunded is that I didn’t receive it to return it to you.  I’ve been waiting for this to arrive and can’t understand why it was returned by the post office!  I telephoned to ask why it seemed to go from UPS  to USPS and then back to UPS, From Tolleson, to Goodyear, to Tolleson and never was delivered.  

You have no idea how disappointing it is to wait for a product and have it returned before it was even delivered.  What’s the deal?  And now out of stock.

Not very satisfied customer,
Phyllis Lukens

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 15, 2021, at 4:39 AM, customer.care@qvcservices.qvcemail.com wrote:
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I never cared for Paula because she would put down other skincare.  I never purchased from her and never will.

My understainding was that Paula started out only as someone who analyzed skin care products and noted ingredients or products that she felt should be avoided because of the ingredients.  At some point, I guess she decided there were no longer any skincare choices that met her standards and started her own company making skincare products that met her standards.  

Problem is, for me, is that once a person has a monetary interest in you buying certain products, you can no longer be trusted to be completely truthful.  So, I never bought any of her products.