@MW in Iowa 

Thank you for the correction Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Unilever buys Paula's Choice .

@tends2dogs 

Smiley Sad  Good point.  

Respected Contributor

Stocked up today...I use 2 products that work great & hope the new owners don't change or discontinue them. 

Honored Contributor

I stocked up on my booster serums last week.  I will definitely start paying close attention to see if the performance changes.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

So many changes.   Thanks to all of you share your information on this forum. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

Isn't this the same company that bought The Ordinary too?  I eat meat and I know there are tons more companies that test on animals and have animal by-products in them.  It would be a full time job to weed products out of your life that didn't test on or contain animal parts of some sort.  Having said that, I totally respect others to do what they feel in their hearts is right for them.  This topic has been a controversial one for decades.  If animals aren't used for testing products, does that mean humans would be?  

@monicakm  I would think it would mean that they could find alternative ways of testing.......the way cruelty free companies do.  It can be done and more people should stand up to demanding this.  The horrendous things these poor creatures are put through isn't worth any beauty product IMO.  

P&G tests on animals-refuses to use the new methods not requiring animal testing. They make many  drugstore brands. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tatcha remains cruelty free even after the acquisition by Unilever.

Tatcha is not sold in mainland China.

Valued Contributor

@MW in Iowa 

Good morning 

For anyone interested this is the reply I got from Paula's choice after I emailed to cancel the order I placed.

Thank you for contacting Paula's Choice. I'd like to confirm we have joined the Unilever brand, but we maintain our individuality and will continue being cruelty-free. Unilever announced support for a global ban on animal testing for cosmetics in 2018, and a new collaboration with Humane Society International (HSI). First large multinational to do this; others are following. PETA now lists Unilever as a ‘company working for regulatory change’: confirms no tests on animals unless specifically required by law for any of its brands or products. Unilever is fully committed to having a global portfolio of skin care brands that is inclusive, caring for all skin tones and types, and celebrating diversity.
We are also committed to continuing to evolve our advertising to be more inclusive and represent the full diversity of beauty. Paula's Choice has never tested on animals at any stage of product development and never will. We also do not contract with any third parties to conduct animal testing on our behalf. We're part of the Leaping Bunny Program, which means not only have we eliminated animal testing from our company, but also from our ingredient suppliers. Paula's Choice supports many charities focused on animal welfare such as the Humane Society, ASPCA and NAVS. Paula's Choice is a dog-friendly office, with most of our employees bringing their canine companions to work each day.

Regarding your recent order, once an order is submitted, we process it as quickly as possible to ensure timely receipt. Unfortunately, this means that changes to orders may not be possible, such as with your order 306469504

If you do not wish to keep the products, you can send them back for a return or exchange.

Honored Contributor

I have read about the purchase, but do not use any PC products. I know that products sold in China do have to be tested on animals. There are so many companies that still animal test, it's impossible to keep track of them...you'd have to research each one you use. 

Many of the larger cosmetic companies are gobbling up the smaller ones under their umbrella. To make the good money, selling overseas is their goal...yes, less stringent rules. 

Although I do feel badly for the animals used, if I'm using products near my eyes or mouth which can be ingested, I want to make sure they are safe no matter how the testing is done. 

Esteemed Contributor

Right now I am using the resist toner and antioxident serum. I just started using the retinol buchinol. I hope nothing changes.