Respected Contributor

Unilever buys Paula's Choice .

I just read this , it owns Tatcha and Kate Sommerville and many others , Paula had already been bought out several years ago. Prices really went up , i doubt there will be many changes,

Honored Contributor

Re: Unilever buys Paula's Choice .

That's a shame, Unilever is NOT cruelty free.

Unilever is not cruelty-free

Unilever is not cruelty-free. They may test on animals, either themselves, through their suppliers, or through a third party. Brands who fall under this category could also be selling products where animal testing is required by law.

Is Unilever Cruelty-Free? | 2021 Cruelty-Free Kitty Update (crueltyfreekitty.com)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@MW in Iowa 

Thanks for the heads up . I have been using Paula's Choice for over a year now. I just placed an order today . I know Unilever is NOT A Cruelty Free comapny . If Paua's Choice is no longer cruelty free , I will sadly be looking for replacements . WIll have to find out more information . Thanks again 

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Hi I just went emailed Paulas CHoice and told them to cancel the order I just did this afternoon and that I was extremely disappointed at the news .

Respected Contributor

So that means Tatcha is not cruelty free ?

Honored Contributor

Isn't this the same company that bought The Ordinary too?  I eat meat and I know there are tons more companies that test on animals and have animal by-products in them.  It would be a full time job to weed products out of your life that didn't test on or contain animal parts of some sort.  Having said that, I totally respect others to do what they feel in their hearts is right for them.  This topic has been a controversial one for decades.  If animals aren't used for testing products, does that mean humans would be?  

Respected Contributor

Many websites state that Tatcha is cruelty free.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Isn't this the same company that bought The Ordinary too?  I eat meat and I know there are tons more companies that test on animals and have animal by-products in them.  It would be a full time job to weed products out of your life that didn't test on or contain animal parts of some sort.  Having said that, I totally respect others to do what they feel in their hearts is right for them.  This topic has been a controversial one for decades.  If animals aren't used for testing products, does that mean humans would be?  

Estee Lauder owns The Ordinary.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@monicakm  I would think it would mean that they could find alternative ways of testing.......the way cruelty free companies do.  It can be done and more people should stand up to demanding this.  The horrendous things these poor creatures are put through isn't worth any beauty product IMO.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I gave up on Paula after things changed with the first sale.  This is sad to see.