Honored Contributor

Well...since I do not like the looks of my underarms, I'll comment.  First world problem?  Ok, I live in the first world, so it's a problem (for me).  I am jealous of the super smooth underarm look I see on tv and in magazine. and females with blonde hair)

YES, I know they are airbrushed but I still wish mine looked that way.  I think women with light hair aren't going to have the darkening as someone with darker hair.  BTW, I'm 61.  When will mine stop growing???

My husband has less hair under his arms then I would if I didn't shave.  His is very light and fine in texture and not much of it.  HE as nice looking underarms (I HATE the word armpits!)  So if there is a product that promises to help that (I haven't looked at it yet).  I'm going to give it a try.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I believe that people undergoing treatment for breast cancer may have reddened armpits, and perhaps this product is also targeted to that market.

Oh no, I'm so sorry...I had no idea. I would never want to be insensitive to that in any way. I lost my Mom to cancer.

I sincerely apologize to anyone here with this situation. Hope it wasn't hurtful to you.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

So, I Googled 'discolored armpit from deodorant?' And a boatload of info popped up. I did remember correctly that Apple Cider Vinegar is one, of several diy recommendations. Along with a plethora of assorted fruits and veggies, baking soda and more. Several derm replies too that seem to suggest that the aluminum is the darkening culprit. Lots of info in googleland. 

Honored Contributor

I no longer have hair under my arms.  It stopped growing during the Menopause stage of my life along with my legs (no longer have to shave) because there is no hair.  My eyebrows still grow and the hair on my head.  Believe me, I am not complaining because it is one less personal chore.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 I'm the same.  I no longer get hair on my arms as well.  I'm fair with thin, fine hair.  My daughters have more olive complexions and darker hair and eyes thanks to their dad. Both of my daughters get the underarm shadow.  My son shaves his underarms occasionally for basketball and doesn't seem to have that problem even though he has the same complexion as my daughters.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Well...since I do not like the looks of my underarms, I'll comment.  First world problem?  Ok, I live in the first world, so it's a problem (for me).  I am jealous of the super smooth underarm look I see on tv and in magazine. and females with blonde hair)

YES, I know they are airbrushed but I still wish mine looked that way.  I think women with light hair aren't going to have the darkening as someone with darker hair.  BTW, I'm 61.  When will mine stop growing???

My husband has less hair under his arms then I would if I didn't shave.  His is very light and fine in texture and not much of it.  HE as nice looking underarms (I HATE the word armpits!)  So if there is a product that promises to help that (I haven't looked at it yet).  I'm going to give it a try.

@monicakm  I'm 65, and still shaving underarms once a week (would need to do it more if I ever wore sleeveless). The hair is still dark there--and on my legs, which need daily shaving! I also spend about 30 minutes a day plucking hair from my chin/jawline and my eyebrows, and that's along with also shaving the upper lip and sideburns. The sideburn/upper lip hair is very fine, but dark, even though I'm mostly gray-headed. The coarse hairs that I pluck grow so flat to the skin that a razor doesn't touch them.

Respected Contributor
Oh, goodie. Dove has created another problem about which women can obsess--and another virtue-signaling ad campaign.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@monicakm  I'm 65, and still shaving underarms once a week (would need to do it more if I ever wore sleeveless). The hair is still dark there--and on my legs, which need daily shaving! I also spend about 30 minutes a day plucking hair from my chin/jawline and my eyebrows, and that's along with also shaving the upper lip and sideburns. The sideburn/upper lip hair is very fine, but dark, even though I'm mostly gray-headed. The coarse hairs that I pluck grow so flat to the skin that a razor doesn't touch them.

I can go probably a month  without shaving my legs so that's why I don't understand while hair is still growing under the arms (sigh).  The hair ON my arms still grows but not very fast.  Twenty years or more I started using a personal shaver to shave my arms.  I hated my darkish arm hair.  Took my 18yr old daughter to say "just shave it off" Smiley Surprised  LIFE CHANGING!  What does grow back is now mostly light but as soon as I notice it I shave it.  And of course there's the peach fuzz I have to shave off my face so my makeup will look mucho better.   

Trusted Contributor

Re: Uneven Underarms

[ Edited ]

Why the need to make fun of or criticize folks that want to improve their appearance, for whatever reason?  For them it's an insecurity, just like a lot of us have about things. 

Gosh, just be kind.