Re: Uneven Underarms

[ Edited ]

Oops!  Network issues!

Honored Contributor

If anyone is interested, this product is NOT aluminum free

Honored Contributor

Re: Uneven Underarms

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21  Agree....First World problems.

Honored Contributor

I’ve seen the commercial. Unless I’m in a swimsuit, I never wear sleeveless without a cardigan or blazer over it. I do not have this issue, but obviously some do or there wouldn’t be a market for the product. I’m not going to judge since I think most of us have insecurities about something related to our bodies. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is the old identifying a new problem and marketing a solution.  The basic premise of most personal care/beauty products.  Sad that they make money beating people up for being human.

Honored Contributor

A lot of young women have laser to remove the dark shadow under their arms. I guess this product was introduced for a similar effect of being hairless without the cost and discomfort..

Honored Contributor

never heard of such a thing

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

I had to think for a minute, but figured it out after reading the thread.

I remember seeing a photo of myself as a young woman with one arm raised over my head.  Even though I was freshly shaved, I noted I could see a shadow (and I was never even that hairy!).

While I never thought much about it after that, I began waxing my underarms in my 20s and that eliminated the problem.  The advantage of all those years of waxing is I've had zero underarm hair for a long, long time and I'm in my late 60s.

However, it's a shame its been assigned as something woman need to "worry" about.  

I think the need to continously sell new products drives companies to look for stuff Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed a darkening after using a new deodorant. Then subsequently read its caused by one of the ingredients. For some reason, I recall that organic apple cider vinegar would benefit. Something about product and our ph...Now I'll research this again.

Respected Contributor

I believe that people undergoing treatment for breast cancer may have reddened armpits, and perhaps this product is also targeted to that market.