Super Contributor

Undereye bags gone, now have dark hollows

Hi BB gurus,

A few years ago, as a feel-better gift to myself after completion of chemo, I had a procedure done which eliminated the eyebags (full of fat deposits, not edema) I had and also the extra skin on my upper eyelids. Blepharostopy sp?

I don't regret it, I love having visible eyelids again, but now my beauty dilemma is finding concealers that make the hollows under my eyes not as apparent and also not drying. I have a drawerful of ones I have tried. Once all the fat was removed, lo and behold you can see they blueish-grey of the blood circulating below the skin. It's kind of darkly humorous to me, when I asked my derm's nurse about the darkness, she said "oh well we can just use fillers there." Whaaaa?

I am looking for suggestions for a concealer to address the darkness, maybe some of you have had this same experience and can offer what has worked for you?

What I have tried already: IT, Touche Éclat, Mally, BE's bisque, NK's version of Touche Éclat, various primers, am forgetting some.

Thanks in advance for any advice, Lesley

Super Contributor

Re: Undereye bags gone, now have dark hollows

I've had that procedure done a couple of times -- works UNTIL YOU GAIN WEIGHT again -- aarrrgh! Serves me right. :-) But now I'm at the age where I NEED some fat padding in my face, and I know exactly what you're experiencing. I've yet to find one that truly covers the darkness. I thought Laura Mercer worked for a while, but no longer. I'm thinking maybe Dermablend? Let's see with the wonderful women and men here have to say. :-)
Respected Contributor

Yeah, I see the irony. I've had moderate success with Mally's yellow stuff in a jar. Don't know the proper name of it. You still need concealer and moisturizer. She touts it as moisturizing but I don't find that to be true. I have yet to find one product that does what you are asking. At this point, I'd be happy with something that really does keep the area moisturized all day. Hopefully, there will be more responses.
Super Contributor

On 1/31/2014 BellaCarro said: Yeah, I see the irony. I've had moderate success with Mally's yellow stuff in a jar. Don't know the proper name of it. You still need concealer and moisturizer. She touts it as moisturizing but I don't find that to be true. I have yet to find one product that does what you are asking. At this point, I'd be happy with something that really does keep the area moisturized all day. Hopefully, there will be more responses.

That's the added wrench in the works -- moisturizing and not emphasizing lines. FIRST we have to find the perfect cover, though!

Super Contributor

It Bye Bye Undereye concealer ......I use a brush to apply it. It covers everything and doesn't cake or crease.

Super Contributor

On 1/31/2014 aprildreams said:

It Bye Bye Undereye concealer ......I use a brush to apply it. It covers everything and doesn't cake or crease.

There are two different undereye coverage products, aren't there? Have you used both? I keep meaning to try that, and I keep forgetting! Thanks for the reminder -- next on my list!

Trusted Contributor

I use Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer. I have dark under eye circles and I am in my early 60's. I have tried almost EVERYTHING and this is my favorite so far. The concealer comes in 20 shades (warm and cool) so you can find your exact match which I think is very important since I don't put foundation or powder over it. You should try it in the store for your perfect match--Sephora carries it. I also find that it is very opaque and is buildable and doesn't crease. HTH!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/31/2014 MarenSeattle said:

There are two different undereye coverage products, aren't there? Have you used both? I keep meaning to try that, and I keep forgetting! Thanks for the reminder -- next on my list!

I have tried both--It's Concealer AND corrector . My main problem with them is that there are limited shades so it was impossible for me to get a good color match. As I wrote above, Amazing Cosmetics Concealer is my concealer of choice.

Super Contributor

On 1/31/2014 MarenSeattle said: I've had that procedure done a couple of times -- works UNTIL YOU GAIN WEIGHT again -- aarrrgh! Serves me right. :-) But now I'm at the age where I NEED some fat padding in my face, and I know exactly what you're experiencing. I've yet to find one that truly covers the darkness. I thought Laura Mercer worked for a while, but no longer. I'm thinking maybe Dermablend? Let's see with the wonderful women and men here have to say. :-)

No MarenSeattle, say it isn't so! They didn't tell me fat might re-deposit! I will never be thin. I think I weigh about the same as when I had the procedures done. Oh well.

Super Contributor

On 1/31/2014 turtle52 said:
On 1/31/2014 MarenSeattle said:

I have tried both--It's Concealer AND corrector . My main problem with them is that there are limited shades so it was impossible for me to get a good color match. As I wrote above, Amazing Cosmetics Concealer is my concealer of choice.

I was just going to thank you for your Amazing Cosmetics recommendation -- I'm going to check it out. Thanks!!