Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My best friend in high school had a really thick 'treasure line'. We used to go to the swimming pool together and she would always have to shave it off. Then it was all red and bumpy...she was so embarrassed. She finally stopped wearing a bikini and went with a one-piece. 

@SilleeMee  😜 “treasure line”? Learn something new every day on the boards. Not sure who I’d discuss that with, but good to have new info. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

My best friend in high school had a really thick 'treasure line'. We used to go to the swimming pool together and she would always have to shave it off. Then it was all red and bumpy...she was so embarrassed. She finally stopped wearing a bikini and went with a one-piece. 

@SilleeMee  😜 “treasure line”? Learn something new every day on the boards. Not sure who I’d discuss that with, but good to have new info. 

@SilleeMee  BTW, I think DH has that, but never knew it had a specific name. 

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee I never heard the term "treasure line". I had to look it up. I know it as a "happy trail". It's that line of hair from the navel down. It's more common for guys to have that. Women that have that, can choose to wax it off or electrolysis. Or some choose to keep it.

Honored Contributor

@kelshar wrote:

@SilleeMee I never heard the term "treasure line". I had to look it up. I know it as a "happy trail". It's that line of hair from the navel down. It's more common for guys to have that. Women that have that, can choose to wax it off or electrolysis. Or some choose to keep it.

If I had a 'happy trail' or a 'treasure line' or whatever you wanna call it, I would not want to keep it! LOL!Woman LOL @kelshar

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee same here. If I had a "happy trail", I would get rid of it as soon as possible. When I go swimming, I wear a two piece swimsuit so I'm always hairless on areas that are exposed. 

Respected Contributor

I have pretty sensitive skin and I do get irritation from shaving, so a number of years ago when I knew I'd be going to Hawaii and wearing a bathing suit, I purchased a Tria.  It worked great on my underarms (although took much longer to be effective then they tell you). 

For face and some other body parts, I did electrolysis when I was younger and that works great too but that takes repeated visits and can be expensive, but then again, laser is too.

Honored Contributor

@kelshar wrote:

@SilleeMee same here. If I had a "happy trail", I would get rid of it as soon as possible. When I go swimming, I wear a two piece swimsuit so I'm always hairless on areas that are exposed. 

@kelshar  Oh no. Next time dh comes “a callin’“, I’ll be laughing and thinking about Roy Rogers on TV and the “Happy Trails To You” song. Lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Underarm Hair

[ Edited ]

@Shanus

It's also called a 'treasure line'...lol!Woman LOL

eta- oh I already said that...meant to say treasure trail.

Respected Contributor

Honestly, a much bigger problem to me is my prickly, abundant LEG hair (sadly, thighs too), not to mention plenty of facial hair too-  I couldn’t care less about my underarms... 

I epilate my leg hair, but I get ingrowns and it all grows faster in the summer- awful.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Honestly, a much bigger problem to me is my prickly, abundant LEG hair (sadly, thighs too), not to mention plenty of facial hair too-  I couldn’t care less about my underarms... 

I epilate my leg hair, but I get ingrowns and it all grows faster in the summer- awful.

@Skyegirl21  I used to have that issue when younger. That’s one good thing about aging....less hair (in most places). Chins don’t count.