Honored Contributor

I've always been a female hairy beast! I'm well into menopause and have just recently noticed that finally the hair on my legs has diminished. But my underarm hair still grows in full force! I have to shave every other day! Hate it. I should have had it removed years ago. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I never have had to shave my underarms & rarely have to shave my legs.  No hair there.

@Mary Bailey

I envy you. 

Super Contributor

I had armpit hair since age 11, long before I started my period. I must have looked odd because I still had the body of a child but had hairy underarms. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@kelshar wrote:

I do get full bikini waxings. Let me tell you, that's worth it. My hair was CRAZY down there before I got waxings. There still some that grows back but not like it used to.

@kelshar  I had a Brazilian just once...almost only 1/2 of a Brazilian & was ready to run for the door. I’m sure they heard me screaming two states away. OMG!!!

LMBO @Shanus...That would be a sight! I can promise you it does get easier to handle! I guess after 25+ years of getting waxed I’ve just gotten used to it. (Eyebrows, nostrils, upper lip, chin, underarms, Brazilian, legs). I feel like a new woman every 8 weeks!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@kelshar  I was always fair with loads of dark brown hair everywhere and had to shave every day in the summer.  I just did it, looked forward to the winter with long pants and LS tops. Menopause has definitely thinned it out but a year or so ago I took a chance on an Emjoi epilator tsv, the tilting head one ( I just saw it on clearance for $39.)  I figured if I couldn't stand the pain or it didn't work, I'd send it back.

Only the first time was really painful, but not enough for me to quit.  Now I hardly feel it at all and only use it every every 3-4 weeks.  The hardest part is in the beginning when the hair is still thick, you have to wait until the regrowth is long enough for the tweezers to catch the hair.  Since it removes the root, you won't see any shadow until it starts to grow in.  Maybe this might be worth trying

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@kelshar wrote:

I do get full bikini waxings. Let me tell you, that's worth it. My hair was CRAZY down there before I got waxings. There still some that grows back but not like it used to.

@kelshar  I had a Brazilian just once...almost only 1/2 of a Brazilian & was ready to run for the door. I’m sure they heard me screaming two states away. OMG!!!

LMBO @Shanus...That would be a sight! I can promise you it does get easier to handle! I guess after 25+ years of getting waxed I’ve just gotten used to it. (Eyebrows, nostrils, upper lip, chin, underarms, Brazilian, legs). I feel like a new woman every 8 weeks!

@SurferWife  Nostrils? That HAS to hurt more than the Brazilian. What about week 6 and 7? Stubble?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus...after 25 years of getting waxed, I have more bald spots than regrowth. It doesn’t come back in like it does when shaving. It’s much softer and lighter, so although I get waxed every 8 weeks, it’s only to remove a patch or 2. Regrowth is very sparse, but I attribute that to waxing consistently all these years.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

@SurferWife yes the hair does come back softer. I've been getting waxed 15 years. So there is less and less regrowth. Once in a rare while, I'll find a rogue pubic hair or two on my lower belly, like a few inches beneath my bellybutton. Not sure why that happens. LOL!

Honored Contributor

My best friend in high school had a really thick 'treasure line'. We used to go to the swimming pool together and she would always have to shave it off. Then it was all red and bumpy...she was so embarrassed. She finally stopped wearing a bikini and went with a one-piece. 

Honored Contributor

At my advanced age, now I no longer have hair on legs or underarms.  I bought the small (plug in/no batteries) Epilator from QVC a little over a year ago and liked for facial hair and arm hair.  Recently bought the Conture hair remover from QVC.  This is the best ever for those chin hairs and other facial hair.  You don't even feel it.  I think it does come back faster than with the Epilator, but it is better  for the chin, jawline, etc., I think.  I have had it about 3 months and really like it.  They have been showing the Conture a lot lately and I think they sold out, but are available again.  I see where you have to buy new heads for it, but it is worth it as there is absolutely no pain and you can use it on underarms, etc.  (Takes one AA battery--I have not had to replace it yet.)