Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Honestly, a much bigger problem to me is my prickly, abundant LEG hair (sadly, thighs too), not to mention plenty of facial hair too-  I couldn’t care less about my underarms... 

I epilate my leg hair, but I get ingrowns and it all grows faster in the summer- awful.

Have you considered laser hair removal? @Skyegirl21

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee It's also called "goodie trail" too. LOL I looked it up on Google. That's pretty self explanatory. We know where that line of hair ends.

Honored Contributor

LOL! Woman LOL @kelshar

Honored Contributor

@kelshar- I didn't mention in my earlier post that the reason I began epilating years ago was because my underarms had a darker uneven appearance and not the smooth clean look that I wanted.  Epilating has helped so much and I now have a much better underarm look than before. 

Since you said you had a positive experience with waxing, but can't have access to waxing as needed, epilating would be a good option for you.

Super Contributor

@San Antonio Gal yes! In addition to razor stubble, my armpits have a dark appearance as well. It's been that way for several years. I will definitely get the epilator in the near future.

Respected Contributor

Re: Underarm Hair

[ Edited ]

Sillee, I considered laser, but such a large area and pricey...  I bet it hurts too-  I do have a Tria that I use for face. But I am still working so maybe I should probably try it.  Thanks for the suggestion! 👍🏼

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Sillee, I considered laser, but such a large area and pricey...  I bet it hurts too-  I do have a Tria that I use for face. But I am still working so maybe I should probably try it.  Thanks for the suggestion! 👍🏼

@Skyegirl21 I had the Tria and then purchased the Silk n' Sensepil... It has a much bigger treatment window.. I had dark, coarse hair and barely have a hair left on my leg, thigh and bikini line - best purchase ever made! I think you would love it!

Super Contributor

Aside from underarms and legs, I'm not too hairy anywhere else. I do have hair around my nipples but that's not a big deal to me. The only people that would see that are my husband and doctor. I'll pluck them every so often but for the most part, I leave it alone.

Trusted Contributor

@RollTide2008neither did I.

Skin tends to be darker there like down below...it's natural.

We live in a no hair society. In France they don't give a hoot!

I feel bad you felt a little jealous over this lady with clean armpits.

Life (at least mine) has thrown me one hell of a throwball and I could care less about what I consider highly trivial like the 5:00 underarm shadow (I'm not being nasty please don't think that. I get it that this is important to to you as I don't think it's a big deal). To be honest other things are a big deal I am concerned about with now being older. Trust me underarms are last on the list LOL now! jowls are a concern and the list goes on.

Being a nurse all my life may have helped that too... seeing so many different bodies.

Enjoy you and know the shadow is okay and not ugly and many have it even on Q many hosts have had it seen.

again there is darker skin there by nature.

I would bet electrolysis as Sillime and others say they did and do it young if it makes you happy but I highly doubt anyone gives a rats behind about your underarms but you and bet they look just great! Smiley Wink 

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

Kell, I am floored about that Silk n Sensepil device!  I will absolutely look at it Now!  

This is why I love this board, people are knowledgeable and helpful (generally). ❣️ 

Mar, you make an important point... Keep these small things in perspective.  We are much harder on ourselves than others- My heart goes out to you for your loss... Skye.