Esteemed Contributor

I don't have that issue but I use an epilator. It might be a reaction to the type of deodorant that you are using. i prefer Dove or Secret. Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

I would just like to know why women "have to" shave their underarms and men don't.  Who made this decision?

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

I have an epilator that is great for underarms.

Respected Contributor

ad in Harper's Bazaar 1915

Honored Contributor

All I can say is it's better then not shaving your underarms plus wearing a blouse where you can see all that underarm hair like my MIL does. So Gross. I thought all women shaved.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

All I can say is it's better then not shaving your underarms plus wearing a blouse where you can see all that underarm hair like my MIL does. So Gross. I thought all women shaved.

Most women in the US do.  In Europe and other countries, not so much except for the younger generation.

Valued Contributor

Laser...the only and best way to go.  12+ years now and best choice.  Could not stand the horrible pinching under my arms when it started to grow back after a couple days and skin always got irritated from the pinching rubbing against other skin.  Great to shower & not have to deal with it.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@Mary Bailey

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I never have had to shave my underarms & rarely have to shave my legs.  No hair there.

me too. i shave my legs maybe once a year. can't remember last time i shaved my pits. very fine blonde hair there. we must be lucky.  

Add me to that list. Fortunately, it doesn't extend to my head, I have ample hair there. My mother was the same, must be genetic.

Trusted Contributor

@Deree wrote:

I would just like to know why women "have to" shave their underarms and men don't.  Who made this decision?

We have to do a lot of things men don't have to...welcome to being a woman!  Hopefully, you're not just finding this out!  Plus, I think armpit hair on a woman is kinda ugly (just my opinion of course).

Honored Contributor

I am old enough that I no longer have leg or underarm hair.  Facial hair--yes.  I bought an Epilator and it worked well and then I saw the "Countour" hair remover and it is great for facial hair.  I guess it can be used underarms, etc. too.  (Both items purchased from QVC)  The Countour is totally painless and quick to use.  The facial hair does come back faster than with the epilator, but it's easy to remove--no pain, no redness.  I no longer go for any waxing except for brows.