Super Contributor

I always have a 5 o clock shadow on my armpits. Do any of you have or had that problem? The only time I did not have that, was when I had my armpits waxed. But that's not always an option for me.

Whenever, I see a woman with a perfectly smooth and even colored armpit, I get jealous and wish I had underarms like that. I wonder if there's a lotion I could use that might reduce or get rid of the 5 o' clock shadow.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Underarm Hair

[ Edited ]

I can honestly say I've never, ever heard of 5 o'clock shadow in that area.  I just never thought to check.  This is the first I've heard anyone talk about this. I mean it's not a visible area unless you wear sleeveless blouses year-round.

Respected Contributor

Dove deodorant is supposed to softened under arm har , thus making it less course when you shave, you might want to try it. I find under arm hair is crazy as you age especially if you have dark hair.Just love yourself if it doesn't work, there may be nothing we can do about.it So try not to fret, life's difficult enough.I struggle also, but find I am less of a stressed mess most of the time if I just try to love myself for who I am. My prayers are with you.

Super Contributor

I have the 5 o clock shadow on my legs too. I guess I'm hairy. LOL.

I'm less hairy as I get older. I shave every other day which is pretty standard.

Respected Contributor

Maybe electrolicist would be something to look in to.But I would be fearful of doing that. 

Super Contributor

@BeccaLou yes I do have dark hair, so that's probably why. Not a big deal. Hair on certain areas of my body can get out of control.

Regular Contributor

Well I decided at 60+ that I would have laser to permanently remove the underarm hair.  I found out that it doesn’t remove the white hair, but it did remove the dark ones.  If they had laser when I was younger I would have had them all removed then!!!!  So, do it when you’re younger!!!  It’s also not expensive.

Super Contributor

I do get full bikini waxings. Let me tell you, that's worth it. My hair was CRAZY down there before I got waxings. There still some that grows back but not like it used to.

Honored Contributor

I use Kiehl's anti-persperant and it has ingredients that soften your hair so you don't have stuble.

I've been using this for years and it really does do what it says.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I never have had to shave my underarms & rarely have to shave my legs.  No hair there.