Respected Contributor

Under eye treatment MINUS the tightness?

I've tried soooo many products and I can't find anything that does what I want it to do.  I have small bags under my eyes and under them is that blue half circle.  The last product I tried was Bye Bye Under Eye.  It still makes it so TIGHT under the eye.  I can't stand it!  I'm not as concerned about the little bags as that blue half circle.  HELP!  If I can't fix it, I'd like to COVER it and, so far, nothing covers that blue half circle.  TIA

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Re: Under eye treatment MINUS the tightness?

I think any of the instant products for getting rid of bags are going to do that.  I don't really have bags, but I do have somewhat of the half circle that's more of a shadow, so not blue.  I use NYX undereye brightener underneath my foundation for that.  I don't wear a concealer.  

Honored Contributor

Orange-tinted concealers work best for blue/purple discolorations. 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I think any of the instant products for getting rid of bags are going to do that.  I don't really have bags, but I do have somewhat of the half circle that's more of a shadow, so not blue.  I use NYX undereye brightener underneath my foundation for that.  I don't wear a concealer.  

@Icegoddess Thank you.  I haven't tried that one.  I will!  (Amazon is SO convenient, isn't it?!)

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess Thank you.  I haven't tried that one.  I will!  (Amazon is SO convenient, isn't it?!)

@Icegoddess  Can you tell me the exact name of the eye brightener that you use?  There are several on amazon.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Distinction Firmalift Serum.  It contains arnica and is a gel consistency.  You can get it on qvc or Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spent2much   IMO, the best product is a corrector that's a peachy shade. You apply it with a small brush just on the dark area you described, not all over under the eye. Wait a few seconds and then pat it in with the warmth of your ring finger. 

Although there are many on the market, Bobbi Brown is the best because it offers many shades based on your complexion. What works for a fair complexion (I use porcelain bisque) will not be the right color for a medium or darker skin.

Concealer goes over the corrector. Because the corrector cancels so much darkness, less concealer is needed...less creasing.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I think the right shade for me might also be Porcelain Bisque.  I'm fair and blonde.  Thank you so much.  I think I'll try it.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

All. of these under eyebag remover products are based with silicates, which are obtained from rocks, they immediately form a tightening feeling. And also will form a white powder residue.