Super Contributor

Re: Under eye fillers

[ Edited ]

@haddon9   I think  The amount of time it lasts depends on several factors  but I think there are basic guidelines for fillers that say 6 to 12 months 

I use Dr Asaad Samra  Who has a practice with his father and brothers  Samra Plastic Surgery.   He has outstanding credentials and along with being a highly skilled surgeon he has a wonderful bedside manner .   He has a practice in Holmdel  New Jersey as well as Old Bridge New Jersey  

Let me know how you make out if you decide to use him !

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gsmom , yes, please, I'd love the name of the dr. who does your filler. I'm in northern Jersey and there's a wonderful place called Reflections that has drs who use a variety of lasers, fillers, etc. There is also a plastic surgeon who is supposedly excellent.  I would appreciate your dr's name if it's allowed on this site.  Thank you!

Oops...just saw your previous response with your dr's name!!!

Honored Contributor

@Gsmom   Thanks so much!  I was hoping for someone a bit closer to me but Old Bridge is a little more than an hour away (depending on traffic) so it's doable.  I'm going to look into your doctors.  Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had it done years ago in southern CT and it was very successful and has lasted for years. I had really ugly hollow eye troughs- But it isn’t cheap, a couple thousand.  Find the best doctor you can, even if you must wait weeks for an appmt, that is crucial! Also, read online about all the choices of fillers to see what might be best for you and discuss with the doctor.   Best of luck. 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I had it done years ago in southern CT and it was very successful and has lasted for years. I had really ugly hollow eye troughs- But it isn’t cheap, a couple thousand.  Find the best doctor you can, even if you must wait weeks for an appmt, that is crucial! Also, read online about all the choices of fillers to see what might be best for you and discuss with the doctor.   Best of luck. 

@Skyegirl21   That's what I have...I think I've had them all my life but it was barely noticable when I was younger.  As I'm getting older and I'm in my mid 60s it's getting more pronounced and is bothering me a lot....every time I look in the mirror!

I have become a bit obsessed about it.  I'm always looking at other people....old people, young people, thin & heavy people and most just don't have this problem!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

@Skyegirl21   That's what I have...I think I've had them all my life but it was barely noticable when I was younger.  As I'm getting older and I'm in my mid 60s it's getting more pronounced and is bothering me a lot....every time I look in the mirror!

I have become a bit obsessed about it.  I'm always looking at other people....old people, young people, thin & heavy people and most just don't have this problem!

If it makes you feel any better, many of us who are bothered by this issue have gotten pretty good at disguising the troughs. Glasses, concealer, etc. If you bumped into me during the day, what you'd see is not what I saw in the mirror first thing in the morning. Heart

I've improved mine with exercise and a good serum. But they're still around, and I know they'll be back with a vengeance if I stop what I'm doing.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

I have this issue to and have been hemming and hawing about doing my eyes. I already see a great PS for Juvaderm in my chn and sides of lips, nose to mouth lines. I see how badly I bruise with that, a good 10 days! I'm afraid to do my hollows as I have many tiny blue veins, if one got nicked in the process I could have a bad hemotoma that could take months to heal. Not to mention I am concerned about the bruising. My Dr. really feels it will benefit me, I am just too nervous to do it!

Valued Contributor
I’ve had it done and it’s the best $$ I’ve ever spent. I’ve had hollowing under my eyes my entire life and it’s gotten worse as I’ve aged (I’m 52 now). I have mine done about once a year for the past three years and now when I’m ready for my annual touch up the hollows now are not as bad as they were pre filler. My derm’s office uses restalyne under the eye. It is important to use a practitioner that has lots of experience with under eye fillers as it’s a trickier area to fill. A PA does the injections at the office I go to and she’s great, she also teaches injection techniques to doctors. Experience and a good aesthetic eye are key. She also would rather under fill than over fill, she checks the results about a week post injection to see if any more is needed. Also, expect some bruising, it helps to take arnica supplements for a few days before and after. In the event of severe bruising my dr also offers pulsed light treatment to help break up the bruising if necessary (at no additional cost). I’ve never had to use it but it’s nice to know it’s available.
Valued Contributor
@porcelain, I’d love to hear more about the facial exercises that have helped with the troughs!
Highlighted
Contributor
Just to update my post, I finally got it done and I’m very happy, the dr used a minimum amount because my skin is very thin and he didn’t want it to show but it made a difference and I’m very happy with the results. Thank you everyone for all your help and information