Super Contributor

Re: Under eye Concealer suggestions?

I like Maybeline and Garnier has a great roller ball concealer.

Trusted Contributor

I have tried almost everything on the market.........IT with SPF 50 the best............creamy non drying does not settle in lines amazing.  Bug tube and on QVC you get the brush that is amazing.

Contributor

I use a yellow concealer over top and bottom lids (used to use Mary Kay but they discontinued it - now I have NYX - YBF also has a good one) and Mary Kay ivory over top of it.  Brings the eyes forward and hides all darkness

Honored Contributor

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-Amazonian-clay-waterproof-concealer

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

NOT IT BYE BYE EYES!  UGGH  smears everywhere.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Ginidoll wrote:

I use a yellow concealer over top and bottom lids (used to use Mary Kay but they discontinued it - now I have NYX - YBF also has a good one) and Mary Kay ivory over top of it.  Brings the eyes forward and hides all darkness

Benefit Lemonaid is a good yellow concealer.

Trusted Contributor

I think almost ANY concealer, even the least expensive of all performs so much better with applied with a concealer brush.  The brush and work it into the small places under the eye where your finger cannot reach.

The brush is also beyond compare for blending.  My fingers always seem to create an uneven look to my concealer.  I'm currently using the Maybelline concealer with the sponge top and it performs perfectly.  Spend your money a a good concealer brush.

Honored Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

I think almost ANY concealer, even the least expensive of all performs so much better with applied with a concealer brush.  The brush and work it into the small places under the eye where your finger cannot reach.

The brush is also beyond compare for blending.  My fingers always seem to create an uneven look to my concealer.  I'm currently using the Maybelline concealer with the sponge top and it performs perfectly.  Spend your money a a good concealer brush.

Yes, I agree that a good brush will always be a wise purchase. However, some products need the warmth of your fingertips to make them apply the way they were intended. The Becca product I use just doesn't look right if I use a brush or any other kind of applicator. In this case my fingers make all the difference on how it looks.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kabella, in a senior moment I forgot to mention a most fabulous product for under eye brightening and that is Trish McEvoy's Instant Eye Lift. The purpose of this product is color correction brghtening.  It's lays down seamlessly on the skin, and can be used alone or followed up with a concealer (or a dab of foundation) in your skintone. Trish McEvoy products are avilable at Neiman-Marcus, Saks, Bloomingdale's, and HSN. 

Respected Contributor

I love the Tarte Shape tape. The key for my under eyes is the ByTerry Hrdro setting powder. I've praised this product in the past and yes it's expensive, but 1- I only use it to set my under eyes and 2- a little goes a long way. I don't have really dark circles, but I do have some fine lines and this powder blurs them really well!