Contributor

Re: Under Skin (Facial) Bumps

Brisko is correct about the Stridex in the red box. It contains 2% of salicylic acid. Salicylic acid gets into the pore and cleans out all debris in the pore. Where as AHA’s ‘melt’ the glue that hold skin cells together. When you use salicylic acid you could have a ‘purge’ of all the stuff in you pores coming to the surface. If it’s too drying for you at first try using every other day to built up to it. If that doesn’t work than head to the dermatologist. I use Stridex in the red box every morning and I’m 63. I am no longer oily but am prone to closed comedones. If you look it up, many references on Google say closed comedones are whiteheads but what you describe are also closed comedones. Good luck🍀🍀🍀
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

This sounds like fungal acne, which is fairly common, bumps under skin that don't go away. There is treatment, just google it, or better yet check out YouTube videos. Can try self treatment or go to derm if not responding well. I'll try to see if I can attach a link. HTH.

https://youtu.be/BbowX3lHU54

Honored Contributor

Glycolic acid is good and for the tough under the skin ones that don't come to a head the Mario Badescu drying lotion has also helped me. But, a dermatologist might save you money in the long run once you know exactly what it is. If it's something you've had for years and doesn't bother you too much then maybe not. It doesn't sound dangerous, just maybe not enough cell turnover. I've had one last for months and months. 

Valued Contributor

@Brisky I totally agree with clogged pores under the skin.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.

Regular Contributor

Drink more water. Cut down on sugar and yeast products like cookies, crackers bread. It is a yeast infection that forms comedones. No rocket science. I have suffered from this condition for 40 years. Drinking water in excess helps them clear up. You will feel and see the difference in a week or two at most.
Honored Contributor

I had milia that are tiny white bumps under the skin. They are hereditary ( thanks, Mom!). If you can feel them but not see them, I would check with a derm, but you have already had several good suggestions here.
Contributor

Hi again. I wrote in my earlier post that only BHA/salicylic acid get into the pores and clean them out. Glycolic acid and all the other AHA’s increase cell turn over by dissolving the”glue” that hooks skin cells together. AHA’s do increase cell turn over that really slows down as we age. But it doesn’t get into the pores like salicylic acid does. There is a website on “Reddit” that is called, Skincare Addictive. There is a lot of information on that sight. Once again good luck. I know how difficult bring those to the surface is!!!!!☺️🍀☺️🍀