Honored Contributor

Re: Um Josie...not the whole story on the argan oil

@bmorechick

She's a vendor presenting a product, not giving the entire history of AO in great detail.

Valued Contributor

@ValstybabyThat's YOUR opinion and you most certainly have the right to voice it, JUST as I have the right to voice MINE.

Occasional Contributor

I believe Josie about how she went to Morocco after she met the 70-yr old French lady

and then contracted with them to bring the oil back to the USA. Why would she lie?

She doesn't say she discovered it! She repeats it so anyone who hasn't heard of her product line before will know the history of her company.

No Adrienne from HSN DID NOT have an argan oil line before Josie did. I remember my wife telling me years ago that Adrienne was copying Josie's line and that Adrienne wouldn't have a high percentage of the oil like Josie does.

I think some of you people just like to fight instead of voicing your opinions.

Respected Contributor

@Love4cats wrote:

@ValstybabyThat's YOUR opinion and you most certainly have the right to voice it, JUST as I have the right to voice MINE.

@Love4cats  Sorry. I was on a few other JM posts where people were saying they didn't like Josie's hair color and we're not being mean and other posters jumped on the posters saying nasty things about them. I got carried away. Mea Culpa. In the past almost every post  ended up with posters calling each other names because they said they didn't like what the host or vendor was wearing and many great posters left the boards and never returned. 

Esteemed Contributor

bordercollielover wrote:

I believe Josie about how she went to Morocco after she met the 70-yr old French lady

and then contracted with them to bring the oil back to the USA. Why would she lie?

She doesn't say she discovered it! She repeats it so anyone who hasn't heard of her product line before will know the history of her company.

No Adrienne from HSN DID NOT have an argan oil line before Josie did. I remember my wife telling me years ago that Adrienne was copying Josie's line and that Adrienne wouldn't have a high percentage of the oil like Josie does.

Adrienne brought her first bottle of argan oil to HSN more than 15 years ago.  I'm clear on the timeframe because I was living in another residence when I tried Adrienne's -- and I've been in my present home for 15 years this fall.  She never claimed to have discovered the oil, or be the first vendor to include it in a beauty line.  Josie Maran started her brand in 2007.  

Contributor

[ Edited ]

bordercollielover wrote:I,  

I, for one,  did not know of this at all.  I didn't consider it bashing, but information on a product that I purchase a lot.  Maybe the OP should have omitted the misfortunate word "bashing" and eliminate impending trouble.  I really like JM and her product line.  I would have liked to known how it was processed and obviously I missed shows where she mentioned the goats.  In the end,  it doesn't bother me a bit of goats being involved in the, shall we say, "manufacturing" of the argan oil.  So thanks OP for bringing us this information.  The goats in the tree is funny.  Btw, I agree, some just love to fight. #meangirls