Respected Contributor

Re: Ulta sales person "warned" me (Philosphy products)

I agree about the hand creams....I loved the AG 4 oz size. I also loved the roll on oils they made in PG and AG....I still have a bit of one left and it has a wonderful scent. No alcohol. 

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan and I do use up the shower gels,;right now I have gingerbread man and apple cider in there---love them both. But the big thing keeping me from buy the huge, mega, gigantic sizes is that what if I dont use them up in a timely fashion---I've had to throw a few things away because they turned off. $$ in the trash. Am trying to use up what I have now.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl I don’t like mega sizes of the washes either.I want change and especially if I am not infatuated with the scent.I wish they would make sets with just the lotion and scent product as a TVs.I think the wash is the cheapest part of the set.

Honored Contributor

For all the people ‘warning’ and ‘complaining’ of

Amazing Grace Yesteryear, there’s a whole new generation of gals,

’Amazing Grace 2.0’ if you will, who never have smelled the original...

and probably thinks it’s wonderful...just like 1.0 gals did many years ago.

It’s a foundationally beautiful scent for everyone to enjoy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal, no, have never experienced the "fine", just the EDP.  I like it though!

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

I have been scouring Ulta's site for a fragrance in the Philosophy line, and noticed others. The prices of perfumes and colgones have gone up so high, yet with the regulations about ingredients and fragrance not lasting, how do they justify the high prices? I can't afford $160 for cologne! 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom You are so right! I had the pre-Coty scents and the current. No sense in whining about it .....STILL....as some do. Lol! Its not going to change as sales are obviously just fine a decade + into Coty’s changes. 

I still love and wear their scents and still get compliments. Also, I can still smell the scents on my clothes the next time I go wear them (if washing wasn’t needed). I see no reason to complain and Q’s deals and bundling prices can’t be beat. 

Honored Contributor

The only thing I wish Philosophy would do is bring out the larger sizes in scents they only include in groupings a few times a year. Scents like:

White Peach

White Cherry

Senorita Margarita

I don't want to buy a set of 8 scents in order to get the ONE scent I want. Yet, they do this constantly. Hate it and won't buy it in a set like that. I know I'm not the only one either.

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@shoppersince1989 wrote:

I've been trying to use up my rather large bottle of Amazing Grace spray cologne -

But I just gave up and put it away for my next garage sale.

1/2 bottle, I put $2 on it.

It was one of my favorite, used to have strangers compliment me on it.

Not any more.

No lasting scent.

I had the same experience with Pure Grace.  I got compliments all the time - men on elevators, women in the supermarket, co-workers of all ages.  Then things changed.  No more compliments, and I could tell that the scent wasn't lasting at all.

I posted about this awhile ago but I called Philosophy and was told the scents are not supposed to last longer than a few minutes.  Which is ridiculous!  There are threads here going back years about the changes that were made.  I loved Pure Grace the way it was, but I haven't bought it in years.

@NYC Susan

Have you ever tried the Clean Ultimate scent. It's very close  and often referred to as a Pure Grace dupe. I still have an original  PG, stored in my cool dark basement with no problem. I own the Clean Ultimate too. 

Now this is interesting. I recently bot the latest Beekman Flower Market Bounty Box from Evine. The edt and lotion truly remind me of both PG and CU. There's a definate gentle similarity, without a doubt. The BBox has sold out but I invite you to look at 313 931 on the Evine site.  This 3 pc is well priced, as opposed to a separate purchase. The body cream is nice and most prefer it over the lotion. Or search Beekman Flower Market for the other items offered and new reviews.

Screenshot_2018-04-21-23-37-00-1.png

Thanks.  I have tried Clean, and a couple of others that were suggested to me.  Nothing has been the same as Pure Grace, unfortunately.  Similar yes, but not the same, and not what I want.  Some are too light and others too soapy. The original Pure Grace, IMO, got that whole clean concept exactly right.

I'll check out Beekman.  Thank you - It was very kind of you to let me know.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Fragrance is very subjective not eveyone will 'enjoy' the revised ones. Many times the revision is done to reduce costs and it ruins it!

If you like the new, enjoy it.

No harm in customers posting complaints and asking for improvements or a return of the originals. 

I'm asking some brands for a return of some of my favorite beauty items and no one is going to ssssshhh me Woman Wink

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri