Contributor

Ulta News Update and question on "as is" items

I was in my local Ulta store the other day and it looked pretty bare. An associate told me their discontinuing some lines such as Lorac and adding IT cosmetics and Mally. Just passing that along.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased an "as is" item from QVC. I'm interested in a bracelet but I'm not sure was "as is" means. They don't explain whether is defective, scratched or what? Has anyone had an experience purchasing such items?

Super Contributor

Re: Ulta News Update and question on ""as is"" items

I buy the "as is" whenever I can. I have had no problems and no defective anything. When you put an item in your cart you will get a disclaimer:

As-Is Products
The items below may be customer returns, vendor samples, discontinued inventory, or on-air displays. They're not in the original manufactured condition & may not be new, but QVC's return policy still applies. You'll receive detailed information with your purchase.
You can get some very good buys if you buy something "as is".
Super Contributor

When I was at Ulta the other day, they were definitely moving a lot of stuff around. I was told they would be adding Mally, and that IT was expanding (and also ceasing to make their cosmetics in China). Sorry that Lorac is getting downgraded, I kind of like that line.

Super Contributor

When I read over on the Dooney & Burke page under Handbags, I'll often see the topic brought up. It seems that many people use the opportunity to save money and get a bag on their WISH LIST that was otherwise too pricey.

It's a gamble. But you have the same return capability as with regular merchandise.

I just took a shot and bought a fuschia purse. I'm hoping it's either a demo that was on the set or a pristine return from a buyer who changed her mind.

Super Contributor

Mally is EVERYWHERE!

Super Contributor

I can't wait until Mally comes to Ulta!

Super Contributor

Generally "as is" are good deals. They are returned or used items, sometimes items used on-air for demos. I bought a D&B bag once & the keychain & dustbag were missing, but other than that it was pristine & half off the presentation. You can also return if you are not satisfied. I didn't care, how many of those keychains can you have & I don't use the dust covers anyway.

Regular Contributor

Ulta's website now has IT and Mally products that you can order online.

They are running a promo that you get free shipping off your entire order if it includes any IT cosmetics purchase.

Super Contributor

OMGoodness, I sure hope all the Ulta's aren't getting rid of Lorac! I LOVE Lorac- they are my favorite eye shadows and liquid eye liner in charcoal (the only place I can get this shade including their.com) My Ulta does not have Mally or It, but I am going to inquire about this next time I stop in!

Respected Contributor

I took a chance once and bought a weighty S/S Marine Link necklace. It was perfect and about half the price. I wouldn't hesitate to try something again. For the most part, I have read positive posts about "as is" items.