Esteemed Contributor

Re: Uh oh! Convince me NOT to purchase Mally's TSV...

On 1/13/2014 KatCat1 said:

If you want and need it, buy it. I thought it was too yellow for light skin and too orange for medium but it's television and so it is hard to tell the shades exactly, hoever, we are not fair, light, med. tan, etc. We are everything inbetween and really need to be serviced properly considering the prices that everyone is charging.

I so agree... the pretty model Amy has very light skin, but with the primer on, her skin looks very golden! Why can't the vendors make a neutral color like beige or light beige! I have some yellow in my skin so adding anymore makes it too golden...leaning to orange!!

Honored Contributor

Just the fact that you posted this thread tells me that you probably don't want it that badly. Personally, I don't care if they tell me that separately the items would cost a million bucks. I'd have to love just about every single item in a kit to buy it.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I wasn't tempted at all, chances are you won't like everything in the kit, it looked very yellow toned to me, and I am more on the side of cool tones. I have learned my lesson with these kits. I may like one or two pieces, but that's about it. If it is your color tone you may be happy with it.

Super Contributor

Here's what works for me...the beauty TSVs are like trains...there is gonna be another one in ten minutes...

Frequent Contributor

This is probably the most LEAST tempting tsv I've ever seen - zero desire at all to even to even try that powder primer whatever.

Super Contributor

I like Mally and I like some of her products but this TSV is a total yawn to me.

Raise your hand if you don't own a million taupe eye shadows.

Also, the fact that they lump light and medium together. Really? Thanks, no.

Danae24, that's funny! Good way to look at it.

Contributor

But the bag is so pretty

Valued Contributor

On 1/13/2014 c_la_vee said:

I like Mally and I like some of her products but this TSV is a total yawn to me.

Raise your hand if you don't own a million taupe eye shadows.

Also, the fact that they lump light and medium together. Really? Thanks, no.

Danae24, that's funny! Good way to look at it.

Raising hand and adding black eyeliner. This kit is for someone who doesn't own any make up or wear much at all and apparently for someone who only has 10 seconds to get out the door.
Honored Contributor

I don't know, but looking at the models is enough to convince me I don't want it. ..,

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

On 1/13/2014 foxfire said:

But the bag is so pretty

LOL...it really is and pretty good size too. Honestly, I'm curious about the powder primer, but I am not having good luck with her shadow primer from the December TSV that everyone raves about, so I don't know that I need more of that. Maybe I don't use enough, but it seems to make my lids pretty oily. Also, the first ingredient in that primer is talc, and that is a concern for me.