Frequent Contributor

Uh oh! Convince me NOT to purchase Mally's TSV...

Just purged my makeup to basics and now I'm sooo tempted to buy Mally's TSV because I think I like everything in the kit {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Respected Contributor

Re: Uh oh! Convince me NOT to purchase Mally's TSV...

I've already purchased too many kits and I don't use everything in it. I love the bag though!

Honored Contributor

I'm not buying it because I don't feel it's a good value. I bought the TSV last month and am on AD for it. I did cave and bought the SSC TS.
Super Contributor

The one Mally kit/TSV I bought years ago was very similar to this in the shadow shades. I think there was a contour powder, too, which actually worked well and looked natural.

I think it was worth it, but I used all the products (think the blush shade was iffy). I didn't like her brushes because they were heavy.

So I'm saying if you can use most of these products, it might be worth it. If not, hold back until something you REALLY can't live without comes along!Smile

Super Contributor

Way over priced!!!
Contributor

Well...you purged your makeup to just basics for a reason I am sure. Do not add to it unless you absolutely out of mascara, lipgloss,eyeliner etc...and whatever is in this kit. I think it is very overpriced so not even a good value. Do yourself a favor and do not look at any more presentations. Hope you can resist it!Smile

Honored Contributor

If you want and need it, buy it. I thought it was too yellow for light skin and too orange for medium but it's television and so it is hard to tell the shades exactly, hoever, we are not fair, light, med. tan, etc. We are everything inbetween and really need to be serviced properly considering the prices that everyone is charging.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

The first ingredient in the primer powder is TALC. Not sure if that is a deterrent for you, but it is for me.

Respected Contributor

Just think of how hard it was for you to purge all of your make up!!! Do you really need more?

Trusted Contributor

To me, this kit is nothing but basics. The eyeshadow colors are pretty standard, IMO--they're nice, but they're taupe--nothing unusual about them. Black eyeliner (I never wear it) + black mascara (not a fan of Mally's mascara) are also pretty basic; you can pick these up at the drugstore if you need either. A powder and a pink lip gloss...again, you can find the equivalent or better just about anywhere. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing in this kit that strikes me as special. JMHO.