Respected Contributor

Re: Uh oh Brent, Beekman hand cream..??

Just letting everyone know, Beekman wrote back and said only the older stock had the mineral oil. The new products do not contain it. So let's assume Evine needs to update their ingredient site.
Respected Contributor

Oh...i also asked which they use...pure goat milk, or powdered. I read powdered loses its quality do to a chemical change. If they answer, ill post back here. I'll add, I've found their soap to be thorough in cleansing, regardless of what's in it. Nothing on my cotton ball after I use my skin softeners on my neck and chest...nice and clean. Creams very emoilient also....i just hope they stick with the real goat milk, as it definitely has its benefits. I for one, have chronic rashes, and hyper sensitive skin, so I really, really want what nature has provided in Pure goat milk. I'll update if I hear. Thanks for the input here !
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

Early Last year people asked on their Facebook page about the mineral oil in their products and they answered they were going to remove it in their products one by one by the fall of 2016. Well I still see it is listed on their ingredient list of some of their products. If they did reformulate the products and removed the mineral oil then their packaging must reflect that. Do you suppose they are using up the packaging instead of reprinting it? They need to address this pronto. I see they ignore answering people's posts about the mineral oil. 

@BabyYoda No. Legally I don't think they can change the ingredients & use the same packaging without changing the label. When you see most companies reformulate & use the same packaging they have a new label on top of the old. I don't think they will stop using the mineral oil until they run out of stock of it or find something else cheap to replace it with.

When the hand creams first came out they did not have mineral oil in them. Here is an example of the Honeyed Grapefruit hand cream ingredients before & after the change.

Honeyed Grapefruit Hand Cream

Aqua (water), Cymbopogon Flexupsus (Lemongrass) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl
Stearate, Cetearyl Glycoside, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol,  Parfum (Fragrance),
Manihot Esculenta (Tapioca) Startch, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Caprae Lac (Goat Milk),
Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid

Honeyed Grapefruit Hand Cream

Aqua (Water), Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance),
Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf juice,
Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/Acrylamide Copolymer, Mineral Oil, Polysorbate 85, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer,
Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Caprae Lac (Goat Milk).

Thanks @Nightowlz for the information. My recent handcreams ingredient list from my last order say mineral oil on them. There must be a lot of stock still. Yes you are right they did not have mineral oil in them at first and the consistency is different from the ones most recent. 

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I wrote to Brent and Josh earlier this morning and got a personal reply directly from Brent shortly thereafter,  which I certainly appreciate.  Here was his reply to my issue with Mineral Oil,  which I had written to them about last year,  fragrance being so high up on the ingredient listing, etc:

"Thanks so much for being a good neighbor.

To address some of your concerns:

1.  As I believe I mentioned in my previous email, any new products made are completely without mineral oil.  If someone has a product that has mineral oil then it is remainder inventory or packaging from before the formulations changed. If this is the case then it only applies to certain varieties that had remnants of inventory.

2.  In regards to the ingredient deck, those ingredients are listed by weight.  Because fragrance is infused in liquid form, it is heavier.  If people desire a product with fragrance, this is what it takes. However, we specifically created Pure products for people who do not want fragrance.

3.  We have never made mention of what formulation of goat milk we use on air, but have no problem saying that we use powdered goat milk.  It has the same properties but with the water content removed.  As our company has grown and we started sourcing from goat dairies across the country, it made more sense to use powdered goat milk rather than use the fossil fuels (and cost) of shipping excess fluid across the country.  This also enables us to keep prices in check so that we can offer Evine neighbors good values.  Goat milk is lower in the ingredient deck because by weight it is a lighter ingredient in the powder form.  We use the right amount of goat milk to provide the best results for the skin.

For people who desire a soap using liquid goat milk directly from our farm, we still continue to offer those soaps at beekman1802.com and welcome people to make that choice.

We will always be working to improve our products, and as always appreciate your insight and efforts to make us better".  Sincerely, Brent

*                 *                       *                       *                            *                  *

I thought this was a very sincere and direct reply to my email, and certainly appreciate the time taken and very prompt response.

@nyc1 So glad you got answers to the questions. Thanks for sharing them here. 

Respected Contributor

Nyc1...appreciate your post on Brents reply. I'm glad he responded...yes, sounds sincere. I still rather use goat milk in liquid, than powdered. I googled it, and it's said powdered loses some qualities due to the processing. However, Im glad he said we can get fresh goat milk products from his store/website. Ill give that a try next time.
Honored Contributor

They cant fool us, the new formula now has C13-14 Isoparaffin, that is just a fancy name for MINERAL OIL !!

Respected Contributor

Ohhh....thanks for info shelbelle
Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

They cant fool us, the new formula now has C13-14 Isoparaffin, that is just a fancy name for MINERAL OIL !!

Wow @Shelbelle I just looked it up and you are right! It does have a low hazard rating on the EWG website though. That is just too sneaky of them to use another name for mineral oil and say on air there is no mineral oil. 

Respected Contributor

So any other recommendations for a good goat soap, that you tried and liked??
Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda, it is a petroleum-based product, but I'm not clear as to whether it is synonymous with mineral oil.

Either way, neither of these two are harmful in the least and both are widely used. But if the Beekmans have stated that they will never include "petroleum-based products" again, then THAT is what would be sneaky, IMO..

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland