Honored Contributor

Ugh, not a good makeup day! LOL

Know there are lots more important things going on so please no comments about that.

This post is just my frustration of not having the makeup I chose today work and wanting to vent. LOL  Foundation doesn't look all that great - think I may have used too much since I'm not used to a full coverage foundaton or how it looks after application. 

Then I decided to try a new to me L'Oreal concealer I bought at Target yesterday - wrong!  I'm done with concealers and wasting my money.  They all make my under eyes look older, dryer, wrinkles look more obvious, and so much worse than if I just leave that area alone and keep it well moisturized.  Tired of having all these different concealers in my makeup stash and not using them or thinking "one day I will try again...."   I've tried correctors too and those look just as bad as the concealers.  I've tried applying concealers all different ways and doesn't matter so just not bothering anymore.

Then I used Dolce Pink Milani baked blush and not sure if its the blush or how it looks with the foundation or what but its just so-so.  

The one thing I did try thats new to me is the No 7 Lift and Luminate powder in light.  Now this is nice and looks good.

All I can say is thank goodness its a day I'm staying home and its just me and the cat. LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ugh, not a good makeup day! LOL

i'm done with concealers, too....they all make me look worse.....i'm 71....and have chosen to accept my flaws.....a little Balance and Brighten...and lipstick...that's it....and only when i leave the house...which is very infrequent these days...

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

And sweet kitty is saying, "Mom, you don't need to get all dolled up just for me!", LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@JudyL  We all need to vent sometimes.  And sometimes there's no one to vent to.  So we come here.  We're ALL allowed to vent sometimes.  Hope your day is going better!  **HUGS**

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Super Contributor

@JudyL  You're being too hard on yourself! It's probably the foundation's fault, since everything else has to sit on top of it. Lately, I've been putting everything else on first (blush, eyes) and the last thing I add is the concealer.  I swipe some on to brighten my under eyes instead of "concealing " which is never going to happen for me.  I've tried them all LOL. I am far from a makeup expert but I think finding products that work together is as difficult as finding the correct shades. There are so many variables. ❤️

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Hey venting is very cathartic and don't minimize something that bothers YOU! I've wondered about those No. 7 products.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  - what foundation did you use and how did you apply it?  I use a damp sponge when applying foundation.  I get an airbrushed result.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL    One thing I learned personally is I needed to buy a better foundation and concealer.  The concealer I like is by Laura Mercier in a little round pot on sale now for 25% on their website or check out Nordstrom too as they had sales too.  Also a better foundation.  I personally have never found a drugstore foundation to perform like Dior, Bobbie Brown, Estee Lauder, etc.  Believe or not Kylie has very nice blushes for under $20 but I noticed a lot of different shades sold out (I own one and love it).  Now is the time to check out higher end makeup because everyone is giving a discount but it will end either tonight or tomorrow night.  Make sure you are using a good moisturizer so your concealer glides over your skin.  Sorry you had one of those "bad" days.  But the good days are around the corner. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

No. 7  has very nice products.  I  used their tinted moisturizer but they changed an ingredient and it oxidized on me.  I may try it again to see if it works out because Target always takes back products.  Their skincare is also very nice.  I would consider No. 7 quality products.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids - I had always wondered about the No 7 products too.  I liked the Lift and Luminate powder a lot.