Super Contributor

Re: Ugg! My bangs are thinning. What can I do?

You're the age I was when I noticed things like that ..... and foggy brain .... and concentration problems, exhaustion, etc.

Please have your THYROID checked.

Respected Contributor

I used Nioxin for two years, never saw any improvement.

Respected Contributor

I second Zoologist's suggestion. Thyroid issues cause hair loss/ thinning. My eyebrows were affected.
Regular Contributor

On 1/1/2015 Zoologist said:

You're the age I was when I noticed things like that ..... and foggy brain .... and concentration problems, exhaustion, etc.

Please have your THYROID checked.

Thanks, I will. I need to make an a/p anyway and was going to talk to her about my hair. After reading your recommendation, I will specifically ask her to check my thyroid. Hope you have a Happy New Year.

Occasional Contributor

I had thinning hair too. My dermatologist recommended rogaine (men's formula) after my labs came back within normal range. I started rogaine and I wish I would have taken before and after photos. It works very well for me. I'm very satisfied with this product. I can pull my hair back in a ponytail and not be embarrassed due to thinning hair. Nioxin didn't work for me. Good luck Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

After visiting my family dr. I finally went to the Derm Dr. Turns out I have male pattern baldness. (top and front) (female is all over) Thyroid was ok. Iron was very slightly low and Vit. D was low-normal. She suggested Minoxidil.

Super Contributor

On 1/1/2015 NimpkeeRN said: I had thinning hair too. My dermatologist recommended rogaine (men's formula) after my labs came back within normal range. I started rogaine and I wish I would have taken before and after photos. It works very well for me. I'm very satisfied with this product. I can pull my hair back in a ponytail and not be embarrassed due to thinning hair. Nioxin didn't work for me. Good luck Smiley Happy

The men's comes in two strengths 2% and 5%, which one do you use?

The women's is 2%. I have heard of some women using 5% once a day instead of twice. I asked her about this and she said 5% sometimes causes facial hair growth. I may try 5% once a day and if I start getting to hairy, switch to 2% twice a day.

Do you use liquid or foam?

Occasional Contributor

I use 5% liquid. The first month or so, I used it twice daily. After that I started just once every morning. I do not have increased facial hair growth. I have been using it for over a year now.
Honored Contributor

have you considered the Sherri Shepherd hair piece that is just bangs? I don't have any hair loss, knock wood, but my bangs behave badly and I considered it lol
Esteemed Contributor

I would suggest cutting the bang section a little further up into your scalp line (adding more depth and, thus, more hair).

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein