Honored Contributor
@Shanus

Thank you!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess @Shanus @SilleeMee 

My brown patches on my face seem to be breaking up, albeit in a very broken way. The thing I have trouble remembering to do is to use sunscreen when looking at the iPad, which I think is very much responsible.

here is what I purchased from iHerb, just FYI.

45FEAC81-842A-4727-9DAE-83213F98D063.jpeg

C5CC1CC6-8601-4890-AF31-BD65DD34EB98.jpeg

Honored Contributor
@Shanus

Well then it’s back to the dermatologist for me! Hydroquinone has never lightened these.
Honored Contributor
@SilleeMee

Thank you for weighing in on the discussion❤️
Honored Contributor

Just wanted to add:

My quest for this ingredient started with another ingredient I had mixed up in my mind.

'Alpha arbutin vs Arnica oil.

'I knew I had one of these two. It's Arnica essential oil that I purchased from Piping Rock (thanks @SilleeMee)

The Arnica essential oil seems now difficult to find, but if you bruise in an ugly, swollen way like I do, immediately put Arnica oil on the area (I bammed my hand into the bathroom door!) It stopped the swelling/bruising immediately!

The other was difficult to find too...the Arbutin liquid.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@Shanus

Well then it’s back to the dermatologist for me! Hydroquinone has never lightened these.

@LTT1   Broken record here...Vitamin C serums brighten skin and lighten darker areas, so does Retin A and 4% Hydroquinone that I get from my Obagi cream. SPF is a MUST if using any of these. Sunscreen goes on every morning as part of my skincare whether I'm leaving the house or not. *I do use a less expensive one on those days since not wearing makeup on top. I have better ones that makeup sits better over. I think a minimun of  SPF 50 is necessary w/ these products. SPF 40 is OK for every day if not using the above sun sensitive ones. 

There's no point of trying to lighten places on your skin if you let sun's harmful rays put them back or make them worse than when you started.  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

Just wanted to add:

My quest for this ingredient started with another ingredient I had mixed up in my mind.

'I knew I had one of these two. It's Arnica essential oil that I purchased from Piping Rock (thanks @SilleeMee)

The Arnica essential oil seems now difficult to find, but if you bruise in an ugly, swollen way like I do, immediately put Arnica oil on the area (I bammed my hand into the bathroom door!) It stopped the swelling/bruising immediately!

@LTT1   A great natural rememdy for bruising is pineapple...I always go for the natural whenever possible. Again, these oils and where they came from and conditions under which they're produced (most not regulated), turn me off.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

Just wanted to add:

@LTT1   A great natural rememdy for bruising is pineapple...I always go for the natural whenever possible. Again, these oils and where they came from and conditions under which they're produced (most not regulated), turn me off.

@Shanus Arnica is natural.  It's an herb.  Pineapple is also called Bromelain in products.  They can both be found in anti-bruising creams and can also be taken internally.  My plastic surgeon suggested I take these and one other supplement prior to and follwing surgery, but I don't remember what that other supplement was.