Honored Contributor

Any one use this?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: USES for vegetable glycerin

Yes. I make my own vitamin C serum and my recipe calls for it. I also make a hydrating mist using the glycerin mixed with rosewater and green tea extract. It's very hydrating and makes my skin so soft. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes. I make my own vitamin C serum and my recipe calls for it. I also make a hydrating mist using the glycerin mixed with rosewater and green tea extract. It's very hydrating and makes my skin so soft. 

Have you used it just as is on your body?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Have you used it just as is on your body?

No, it's thick like corn syrup and would feel very sticky. Needs to be diluted. @goldensrbest

Super Contributor

would you mind sharing the recipe? always looking for something to help my winter skin !!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@withaK wrote:

would you mind sharing the recipe? always looking for something to help my winter skin !!!

@withaK,

Here's a simple recipe. Buy one of these 4-oz bottles of Rosewater & Glycerin atomizers. On it's own it is hydrating but I like to add more glycerin, usually a 1/4 tsp or so, to the bottle plus add about four dropper fulls of green tea extract which you can find at most vitamin and health products sites or stores. I like to use a green tea extract from pipingrock dot com...it also contains a little bit of glycerin. Shake the bottle well each time before misting. If you find that your skin feels sticky after using the spray, then cut back on the amount of glycerin or don't add it at all because the other products already have some glycerin in them. It might take a few tries to get it the way you like it. Some people like more glycerin and some don't. But in general, glycerin tends to make things sticky so just be aware of this.

1.jpg

piping-rock-green-tea-liquid-extract-2-fl-oz-59-ml-dropper-bottle-1502345238-84877896-775f46eb002acca4dff8f0f36ddd8c08-catalog_233.jpg

Honored Contributor

I have been looking for a good homemade ,spray for my dogs , i have tried a few,but i wonder if this could be used on dogs, maybe add some fractanted coconut oil.

Honored Contributor

I think the coconut oil would not mix with the glycerin/water solution since coconut oil is oil and it will float and or become solid.  For dogs I would just use water to dilute the glycerin. Try about a tablespoon or so in 4 ounces of water in a spray bottle. You can always add more glycerin to make it more emollient. @goldensrbest

Super Contributor

Thank you !!!!!!   Happy New Year to you and yours----

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   I use it when I am making room spray with essential oils and spring water.  The glycerin mixes the oils with water otherwise the oil would float on top.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength