Regular Contributor

URBAN DECAY if sold separately price

I was just watching the UD show, the perversion mascara and subversion primer duo. The if sold separately on air said 66. I paused and thought wow, that’s really wrong. I buy this all the time and never paid $66 for the 2. So I thought maybe the on air duo is super sized. I looked it up, it was the regular size. So then i looked up regular prices for both items, the mascara is $24, and the primer is $22 at Sephora, same size as Qvc.  That’s what I’ve always paid. That adds up to $46, not $66. I wonder if someone made a mistake. 

Honored Contributor

Re: URBAN DECAY if sold separately price

Buy the L’Oreal Voluminous Primer & the Perversion mascara. Cheaper.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting.....Loreal is certainly good, but I can attest that these Urban Decay products are excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch beauty shows any more - so don't get it.  WHY would a company name themselves - Decay?   Like rotting lettuce - bananas that have turned black & soft?  Can you give a reason?

Regular Contributor

I like the L’Oréal primer actually better
Regular Contributor

@fthunt
Lol
Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt Haha. You made me laugh. I have no idea why they chose this name for their branding, but their makeup is fantastic. Urban Decay is probably my overall favorite brand....with Lancôme very close behind it. I also like some IT items. Obviously, it’s just marketing. I sometimes wear an Urban Decay lipstick called “cruel.” Always makes me laugh!

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I don't watch beauty shows any more - so don't get it.  WHY would a company name themselves - Decay?   Like rotting lettuce - bananas that have turned black & soft?  Can you give a reason?

The company was started in the 80’s at the height of the Grunge Era. They wanted an edgy name.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

And, I swear by Origins Fringe Benefits mascara for $20.  I wear the dark brown since I am mature lady and like a natural look for day time.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katilein wrote:
I like the L’Oréal primer actually better

It's the first one that has actually worked on my oily lids.  Shadow stays on all day long and color is much more intense.  Also love their lipsticks.