Contributor

URBAN DECAY NAKED SMOKY PALETTE... half price!

Regular price $54.  On sale today at Sephora website for $27 !!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: URBAN DECAY NAKED SMOKY PALETTE... half price!

@CAROLINA wrote:

Regular price $54.  On sale today at Sephora website for $27 !!!!!

It is on for this price tonight on Macy's website.  It is a nice palette.

Valued Contributor

You can get this palette on sale from anyone who sells it, because UD is discontinuing it. 

Respected Contributor

Great price if you can use it, too "warm" for my skin tone.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I checked out that deal and it's a good one, however, I only would use the non sparkly ones and the very neutral colors---and my basic Naked pallet with the 5 or 6 neutrals works the best, so will pass.

Honored Contributor

I was under the impression that when UD uses "naked" in its palette title that it meant the shadows were matte. Yet this one has shimmer shades?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I was under the impression that when UD uses "naked" in its palette title that it meant the shadows were matte. Yet this one has shimmer shades?

@suzyQ3 They're not matte palettes, with the exception of the one marketed that way. "Naked" is just their way of saying the colors are nudes/neutrals (though they're really not that either, except maybe the first one). The shadows have a range of finishes.

Edit: looks like there are 2 that are matte, and they have the word "basic" in them...so that appears to be how they're denoting them.

Esteemed Contributor

Reviews on Sephora are good for pigmentation, poor for fallout.

Since I'd look silly going into work with a smoky eye day look, I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 They're not matte palettes, with the exception of the one marketed that way. "Naked" is just their way of saying the colors are nudes/neutrals (though they're really not that either, except maybe the first one). The shadows have a range of finishes.

Edit: looks like there are 2 that are matte, and they have the word "basic" in them...so that appears to be how they're denoting them.

@WenGirl42, yes! I was confusing "naked" with "basic."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Nope, it just means they're neutral colors. From the original Naked palette they've has metallics included more than matte. Which is why the naked basics came out, those are the ones that are matte only. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval