Regular Contributor

For those of you that have been following I have had another message from someone at PTR's company about my question on the ingredient deck on the upcoming TSV. 

I thought I would post this as new- so folks would know there was more info. 

Here is the second message: ( they didn't realize that cmoose and I are one in the same person) 

Hi Karen! Just wanted to give you an update about any ingredient confusion regarding our Retinol Fusion PM Night Serum. First off, we're so grateful that cmoose pointed this out to us. We have so many products in so many sizes, and it takes a village to keep everything on track with all of our retailers. So when anyone discovers a human error on our part, we certainly appreciate it! On further investigation, any size of Retinol Fusion PM Night Serum – whether it's a 1 FL OZ bottle or a 6.7 FL OZ bottle – contains the exact same formula, guaranteed. Since its inception in 2009, this formula has never been changed or "watered down" so to speak for any size, retailer or promotion – also guaranteed. We make this product in our company-owned, FDA-approved manufacturing facility here in the USA, and we have 100% control over formulation and production. We've gone back and checked all our batch codes at the facility, and Peter can personally guarantee that there was no human error there. That being said, human error, computer glitches or copy and paste errors would be the only explanations why, on certain websites, the ingredients have been altered. We are continuing to backtrack in order to find the reason for this error. If you look at the packaging of the 1 FL OZ size of Retinol Fusion PM at Sephora, Ulta or any other retailer, you'll see that the ingredient list printed on the box is the exact same ingredient list that's printed on the 6.7 FL OZ size – which is currently the TSV on QVC. When issues like this come up, Peter always wants to know about them. Since we're a small company, outside feedback like yours is invaluable for helping us catch these kinds of errors. That's why we're so grateful to you and cmoose. Thanks again!

I really appreciated them reaching out again and feel they have done a great job addressing my concern. 

Gives me a little faith that there still are some honest companies out there. 

I do apologize for jumping to conclusions - I told them that as well. 

Have a great weekend. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the update, cmoose!!

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the issue was that the QVC customers foung the product to be watery, while the Sephora customers did not experience this problem?

Honored Contributor

@cmooseThanks for posting their reply. 

I'm using PTR for the first time ever right now.  I bought the TSV from a few months back and it's been my might routine for a while now.  I do like that serum so I'm happy to see they're not messing with it. 

I'm not going with the new TSV, but will continue treatment with my current auto-delivery.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting. Also, after reading, I am impressed with their customer service. 

Honored Contributor

Although I've moved off of PTR products, I still have his Retinol in travel sizes and a 2 oz. size.  The formula feels the exact same to me regardless of bottle size.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @cmoose, for both the original post and the update.  It's reassuring to know that you, and all of the other ladies posting in Beauty Forum honorably, like @JeanLouiseFinch,   @HappyDaze @Trixx, @Chi-town et al, are manning our watchtower. Ignorance isn't bliss as you ALL have proven again and again.  

It it is reassuring also, that PTR products can still be trusted to deliver what they promise.  His (and Skinn and Elysee's) are stellar companies that actually list their ingredients, their relative percentages and practice "full disclosure" in their claims.  

Honored Contributor

That's a really thorough and well put response. PTR is saying straight out that all of their Retinol Fusion PM is the exact same formula regardless of the size or where you buy it. 

So this whole hubub is due to some sort of data entry type error on other websites. That makes a lot of sense to me.

Regarding consistency, maybe something about the QVC on air presentation made customers expect a thicker feel. Since there aren't much of any thickening type ingredients in the product (which is actually good--less filler) it is supposed to feel watery. And water isn't the only ingredient that feels watery. This actually makes it easy to layer your skincare thin to thick.

@cmoose I know you had only good intentions in bringing up a clear discrepancy you saw in labeling. Still, you might consider asking a mod to delete your original thread? It has a lot of hearts and shows up in the forum sidebar. That gives a different impression about PTR than you might want to leave. I know you were trying to help all of us, so thank you very much for taking the time and attention to get us a solid response! Really appreciated.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Regular Contributor

How do I ask the moderator to delete the first thread?

Honored Contributor

You could post the request in the Customer Care section of the forum. The mods seem to monitor it regularly. Woman Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr