Contributor

Re: Taking the plunge eye and neck to be done

@granny me I am glad you are ok. Now I am getting a little nervous. I have been waiting since July to get this done in October, my doc is always booked 3-4 months in advance. I was wondering if your doctor mentioned anything about Arnica post op. Keep me posted. Sending a hug for quick healing, Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: UPDATE eye and neck to be done

I mentioned to a friend I wanted to get my neck done some day.   She said a friend told her that HER friend got hers done and can't turn her neck!!

I suppose there is always a downside to everything.

Valued Contributor

I want to be honest about what is going on. I started Arnica about 4 days of head of procedure.  I am now 5 days post procedure. My eyes are dramatically different in size, yes they will swell and heal at different rate but if something happens and they don't I am in serious trouble.

I said before, since January I have had cancer surgery on my neck, radiation on my neck and shingles. I should have waited to have this done. I thought I was mentally and physically prepared but I wasn't. I have been sick since the day after having this done. I have had diarrhea, no appetite, and sleep pretty all day and night. I look in the mirror and and I am devastated I have done this. I am sure a lot of this is because I am still going through the trauma of the last few months and to think I have purposely cut myself is depressing to me.

Also wearing the bandage around my neck 24/7 is suffocating and it drives me crazy. So far my neck is okay, there is not a huge difference but that is to be expected.

Would I tell you not to do it? No, but I will say be prepared, you may look in the mirror and ask what did I just do to myself. Also, I couldn't leave the house if I wanted so make sure you are well stocked on all your necessaries or that you have someone to go out for you.

When I first spoke to the doctor it was to discuss a lower facelift and neck lift. Thank goodness she said no... reason being to soon after radiation and maybe it was even too soon for this.

I would never have a face lift, and i am hopeful in a couple of weeks I will love my results, but for now not so much.

Valued Contributor

I appauld you, you are brave because after doing this little bit I know I couldn't have the full meal deal.

I wondered to myslef how Joan Rivers put herself through that time and again.

Respected Contributor

@granny me wrote:

I want to be honest about what is going on. I started Arnica about 4 days of head of procedure.  I am now 5 days post procedure. My eyes are dramatically different in size, yes they will swell and heal at different rate but if something happens and they don't I am in serious trouble.

I said before, since January I have had cancer surgery on my neck, radiation on my neck and shingles. I should have waited to have this done. I thought I was mentally and physically prepared but I wasn't. I have been sick since the day after having this done. I have had diarrhea, no appetite, and sleep pretty all day and night. I look in the mirror and and I am devastated I have done this. I am sure a lot of this is because I am still going through the trauma of the last few months and to think I have purposely cut myself is depressing to me.

Also wearing the bandage around my neck 24/7 is suffocating and it drives me crazy. So far my neck is okay, there is not a huge difference but that is to be expected.

Would I tell you not to do it? No, but I will say be prepared, you may look in the mirror and ask what did I just do to myself. Also, I couldn't leave the house if I wanted so make sure you are well stocked on all your necessaries or that you have someone to go out for you.

When I first spoke to the doctor it was to discuss a lower facelift and neck lift. Thank goodness she said no... reason being to soon after radiation and maybe it was even too soon for this.

I would never have a face lift, and i am hopeful in a couple of weeks I will love my results, but for now not so much.

@granny me  I'm sorry for all that you've gone through prior to the surgery (cancer, etc).  And I'm sorry for what you are feeling now.  If it helps, I read something awhile back, which mentioned what you are feeling is often common with people who have cosmetic surgery.  It may or may not help you to know you aren't alone in what you are feeling. Depression is common with some people, as well as second guessing yourself for why you chose to have the surgery.  The good news is that it's short-lived for most people.  I know you mentioned you can't leave your house, but if you continue to feel the way you currently feel, I hope you might consider making an appointment with a therapist.  Hopefully, you'll be feeling much better soon.  I'm sure you have also spoken about your feelings with the cosmetic surgeon, but if not, please do.  Hang in there.  Wishing you all the best.  Take care, and please talk with someone if your feelings continue.  ((Hug)) 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

@granny me I hope you start feeling better very soon, and are happy with your results.  (I remember my reconstuctive surgery following my cancer really knocked me out. I think the body is still tired from the first surgery). 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I hope you heal quickly and you are happy with the results.

I think a lot of women who have plastic surgery, really do it to feel more like themselves. There are times I look into the mirror and ask myself "Who is that woman staring back at me." Due to health reasons, I cannot have anything done but I seriously believe if I was healthy, I would.

You go girl and let us know how you are feeling ....give us updates.

Honored Contributor

I just read your update granny me. I am so sorry that you are having a prolonged healing. I will keep you in my prayers that things get better. Hang in there....

Super Contributor

granny me, ditto what the others said.  Saying a prayer for you that you will be healthy and happy.  I'm sure things will look and feel so different and better in a few weeks. 

Honored Contributor

Sending you good vibes, positive energy, and lots of light... 

Hang in there; you're stronger than you realize.