Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER RECEIVE?

The handcreams. I have bought these Perlier mini variety packs in the past and they were great size for carrying in a handbag. They make nice small gifts  to give when you are visiting someone .

Honored Contributor

The hand creams for sure.  I have several on desk at work, in my purse, in my car, and even on the t.v. tray next to my exercise bike.  Not to mention the bathroom and bedroom.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

What I would prefer, and it's neither of those you chose, does not matter.  Can't you ask her husband.  Since he lives closely with her he might know.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a retired teacher I always loved getting hand creams. I always used a bit after washing my hands. I struggle with some scents, but I can usually tolerate a scented hand cream better than a scented body lotion. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hand creams...

It's fun to enjoy various scents and the size is great for travel and/or daily in a handbag.

Personally, I love the L'Occitane hand creams and order the variety pack every 2-3 years.

Honored Contributor

I vote for hand cream - either Perlier or Beekman.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nana59 wrote:

Philosophy has a set of four hand creams....i like their scents better than Perlier...i would love to receive those!!

If your recipient is an animal lover, do NOT send her any Philosophy products, they are NOT cruelty free.

Philosophy is not cruelty-free. They may test on animals, either themselves, through their suppliers, or through a third party. Brands who fall under this category could also be selling products where animal testing is required by law.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I think L'Occitane hand creams are some of the best!  My favorite is the one from Clarins--Jeunesse?  I used to get them with gift sets long ago.  Best I ever used!

How about small hand sanitizers to go with a hand cream or two?  You can get Purell in little single use tiny card-like packets that you snap in two--and they are great!

Also the tiny bottles of sanitizer are good, and you can get little leather holders with a clip on them that will snap on a purse or belt.  

Respected Contributor

Hand creams!  I love body lotions but I use hand creams more.

Respected Contributor

Re: UPDATE: WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER RECEIVE?

@tends2dogs   I think you did "good".

A thoughtful birthday gift is always appreciated.  Sure beats a gift card.