Honored Contributor

Re: Tatcha Ruined the Silk Cream

@nana59  Estee Lauder probably bought the company.Woman Mad

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I also hate when that happens, whether with skin care, or make up, etc.  And you are usually caught by surprise and then have to try to find what is out there in the old version (and compete with everyone else scrambling to do the same thing!).

Tula also makes a beautiful moisturizer called Probiotic Day and Night Cream.  I just finished a jar and am looking forward to starting the next (after I use up several other moisturizers that I have open...  Perricone and Skinn).   Good luck...   I hope you find something that works well for you.  I personally have never been a fan of drugstore moisturizers.....   but I know many people think just the opposite.

I've been using Olay (unscented) for about a year, but I only use it in the a.m. (nothing at all but retinol in the p.m.).

It even surprises me, since I started my moisturizing in my 20s using Victoria Principal, then went through my experimental stage. (I used to think drugstore wasn't really good enough.)

Anyway, it's not that I am recommending Olay. But I may have another perspective on moisturizing. I think sometimes we can over-compensate and not allow our own natural moisturizing mechanism to kick in when needed.

(More discussion really required!)

@kr682

Is this the ingredient list in your original silk cream? And I am wondering if they've changed from using the sericin (silk)?  (Dr. Temt has sericin products on Amazon.)

Water, Glycerin, Propanediol, Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isocetyl Stearate, Squalane (Olive Origin), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Inositol (Rice Extract), Algae Extract, Sericin (Silk Extract), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Panax Ginseng Rootextract, Royal Jelly Extract, Thymus Serpillum (Thyme) Extract,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbitan Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin (Soy Origin), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Batyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Arginine, Bis-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate,Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol.

Respected Contributor

I would definitely voice a complaint to the company. You certainly have been a loyal customer and have given the products plenty of time to show their effectiveness. Vicky does seem very sincere about her products. It is annoying when they fix something that didn't need fixed. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Occasional Contributor

yes those are the ingredients in my original cream. the new cream starts off with water, the the essence, etc. maybe it is too much of the essence since too much AHA isn't a good thing. they are adding it to everything now. Sometimes too much is as bad as not enough. I'm trying out drugstore versions now.
Esteemed Contributor

@kr682

Try shopping Sephora.

I also saw this on Amazon.