Trusted Contributor

Re: Tatcha Ruined the Silk Cream

I hate to hear that, because I love Tatcha.  I've been using it for two years and my skin never looked better.  Why are they always changing great products?  Very frustrating.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Ladies:

Thanks so much for your responses.  Yes i use the entire Tatcha system and have for over 4 years including the rice powder, the oil cleanser and every other product they make for that matter.  As to the ingredients, the ingredients are really different or they are on the two that i have.  As to the newness, this was just brand new and received from Tatcha this week.  I have never seen such a difference in two products in my whole life.  When i contacted Tatcha, they said that i would just have to find another moisturizer since their scientists felt they needed to keep up with new innovations.  I am just shocked in such a difference in the product.  Maybe their new water cream moisturizer will work.  Or, i should go drugstore. 

As to the lady that mentioned argan oils etc., i rode that train for a long time until it made my skin crack.  That was the whole reason for switching to Tatcha.  I can say that from that point on, i didn't know that i had skin.  LOL.  I never had to think about it and all my skin problems went away which is shocking for someone in my 40s.  Today before going to work, i scraped out some of the old Supple Moisture Rich Silk Cream and my skin returned to perfection.  It is just freaky that there would be that much of a difference. 

Super Contributor

@kr682 wrote:

Hi Ladies:

Thanks so much for your responses.  Yes i use the entire Tatcha system and have for over 4 years including the rice powder, the oil cleanser and every other product they make for that matter.  As to the ingredients, the ingredients are really different or they are on the two that i have.  As to the newness, this was just brand new and received from Tatcha this week.  I have never seen such a difference in two products in my whole life.  When i contacted Tatcha, they said that i would just have to find another moisturizer since their scientists felt they needed to keep up with new innovations.  I am just shocked in such a difference in the product.  Maybe their new water cream moisturizer will work.  Or, i should go drugstore. 

As to the lady that mentioned argan oils etc., i rode that train for a long time until it made my skin crack.  That was the whole reason for switching to Tatcha.  I can say that from that point on, i didn't know that i had skin.  LOL.  I never had to think about it and all my skin problems went away which is shocking for someone in my 40s.  Today before going to work, i scraped out some of the old Supple Moisture Rich Silk Cream and my skin returned to perfection.  It is just freaky that there would be that much of a difference. 

Oh wow that's a truly frustrating answer from Tatcha! Now I want to go online and look at the differences in the creams.

I have dry skin as well, and it's prone to eczema and reactions. Not sure what the comment was about argan oil, but I do sometimes have difficulties with pure oils. Oils are great for sealing in moisture (and heal ouchies too), but if there ain't moisture anything to seal, they can't do much Smiley Happy

Could you be reacting to an ingredient in the new version?

Super Contributor

Sorry if someone else mentioned this, but did you check out the big S store to see if they have older stock?

Respected Contributor

@RipleyGirl I'm the lady. If you read my comment, I did mention using Rose Petal water which does give some moisture to dry skin. Then while the face is damp, pat on a small amount of Argan oil...Not all Argan oils are alike. If someone has dry skin they do get the benefits of vit.e and it will soak quickly into the skin, then apply a hydrating moisturizer, pat in on the skin, then spray again & periodically thruout the day. If the OP's skin did not tolerate that oil, then skip the oil or try Almond Oil but test it first. I got dry skin about a few years ago from Purity face wash. Fortunetly, I got my skin back to normal with the products I do use. Just a suggestion as to what worked for me.

Respected Contributor

@kr682 I am curious, as to what brand of Argan oil that cracked your skin? That is unusual...I do know when I used certain brands of argan oil, my skin did not tolerate them and they smelled rancid, which Argan should not have a scent and I tryed some other brands that did nothing for my skin. Any good oil should be in a amber bottle.A few yrs. back, I was using a face wash that contributed among a few others that gave me dry skin & now its normal. I know some ladies here will disagree with me but I have found that Josie Maran's Argan oil is the best. I also use her face butter over the oil and pat it on. I do hope you find another product that works for you. Rose Petal Water is excellent for dry skin.

Super Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@RipleyGirl I'm the lady. If you read my comment, I did mention using Rose Petal water which does give some moisture to dry skin. Then while the face is damp, pat on a small amount of Argan oil...Not all Argan oils are alike. If someone has dry skin they do get the benefits of vit.e and it will soak quickly into the skin, then apply a hydrating moisturizer, pat in on the skin, then spray again & periodically thruout the day. If the OP's skin did not tolerate that oil, then skip the oil or try Almond Oil but test it first. I got dry skin about a few years ago from Purity face wash. Fortunetly, I got my skin back to normal with the products I do use. Just a suggestion as to what worked for me.

Sorry I wrote that badly. Yes, exactly damp skin first definitely helps and using the right oil. I did go through a spell where my skin was so dehydrated that even putting oil on my skin right out of the shower didn't help, so I can understand where the OP might have had some issues. Cold winter air and too many layers of clothing likely didn't help either.

Of course, then my cat knocked over the oil in the bathtub and it didn't really matter anymore, but that's another story. And yes I am pretty sure he lapped some up. His fur was very soft after that. Smiley Very Happy

Occasional Contributor

I'm on a mobile device so I hope this comes through. The argan oil that I used was JM. it was definitely lovely. However my problem was I could never get enough moisture into my skin underneath the oil to have it help my issues. I used her milk product as well. I had such sensitive problematic skin that I could never layer enough moisture and therefore my skin would crack. I definitely had some success with organic Rose Waters and other items but due to some medications there was just not enough help for my condition. I certainly am not bad-mouthing Tatcha because I can say within 2 weeks of me starting their regimen all of those years of skin problems cleared up and I had normal skin for the first time. I guess that is why I was so distraught considering I dreaded the whole process of trying to find out what my skin could handle. I certainly appreciate all of your kind suggestions to me. This feels like a bad breakup. LOL
Trusted Contributor

I wish I would have known this cream was that fabulous, this is the first I have read of it, it sure would have saved me a  lot of perricone money.  How sad they were that great and now they are not from what I read.  Sad.  They should go broke to do that. If something is so wonderful you keep it that way otherwise they are stupid to me.  The companys I am saying.

Respected Contributor

I also hate when that happens, whether with skin care, or make up, etc.  And you are usually caught by surprise and then have to try to find what is out there in the old version (and compete with everyone else scrambling to do the same thing!).

Tula also makes a beautiful moisturizer called Probiotic Day and Night Cream.  I just finished a jar and am looking forward to starting the next (after I use up several other moisturizers that I have open...  Perricone and Skinn).   Good luck...   I hope you find something that works well for you.  I personally have never been a fan of drugstore moisturizers.....   but I know many people think just the opposite.