Honored Contributor

Re: UPDATE -- Fixes for frizzy hair

Have you tried Curly Girl method? 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom 

Yes.

Used to do CG when I was in my 30s and my curls were lovely, organized and I had a great cut.

As I aged, my hair and curls changed and they were just a frizzy mess.

I know the key is a great cut, which seems impossible since I've been trying for over 30 years Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

I have straight hair but becuse it's fine it will get a bit frizzy in humid weather.  I've tried many products too including Wow Dream Coat Anti Frizz ....it really didn't do much for me.  The only thing that I've found that really works to keep hair smooth in warm humid weather is a Keratin treatment.

Respected Contributor

I am really looking forward to reading more about people's experience with this product.  I am considering it strongly.  I don't get my next Keratin treatment until July, and I am already exploding.  I laughed out loud when I read someone use that term for their hair, because that is what mine does!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg 

I am among those with experience in hair explosions Cat LOL

Going on day 3 of having used this and will shampoo tomorrow.  If it lasts through 2 shampoos as advertised, I may hold off getting my smoothing treatment.

I'll post back.

Believe me, I'm one explosion away from calling my stylist for a treatment!

When my hair is frizzy and out of control, I cannot even look in the mirror.  I just end up feeling (and looking) like a crazy old lady that never combs her hair Cat LOL

Valued Contributor

@emmysmom  Your welcome! Hope helps!

Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman  Fluffhead sisters stick together in humidity! 

It is so much work having wavy, frizz prone hair ugh... thank you for starting this thread 😊 i understand the wetting down, pulling tight to straighten  routines lol I will have to try the Martino flat iron too, thanks for the tip!

I find that the more consistently I use the Dream coat (every 3 washes) the more it lasts between shampoos. In between Dream coat I use Kerastase gold elixir oil  and Tweak-d Tribal Chocolate leave in. Never on Dream coat days, unless after I dry it, a strand needs moisture. Overdoing the spray was where the lint ball effect came in.  had an outdoor event last weekend and my hair stayed amazingly straight even in the humidity. I hate when my bangs/face frame  shrink up and except for a little wave I couldn't believe I didn't turn into a chia pet! Finally something easy!  Hope your shampoo turned out well....

Esteemed Contributor

@DianeJ2 

"chia pet"  Cat LOL

Precisely!

Super Contributor

May I ask what kind of "spin" brush do you use?  I have 2---not pleased with either.  Thanks!