Esteemed Contributor

UPDATE -- Fixes for frizzy hair

[ Edited ]

A few days back, there was a dicussion on things that might help frizzy hair.   

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Is-there-an-anti-frizz-shampoo-or-conditioner-that-really-works/...

I'm one of those that has been having my hair "smoothed" for several years...and colored.  No visible damage, but I decided to let my curls come back.

It's a challenge.  Mostly, the curls have turned to fuzz.

I've also tried everything to help keep the frizzies at bay.  Nothing worked.

Someone mentioned Wow Dream Coat Anti-Humidity
Hair Treatment.

Got it, tried it and....while this is the first time I've used it, I like it.  

First, it didn't make my hair stick straight.  Right now, it is just keeping the frizz at bay.  I don't flat iron, but use a spin brush, which is the equivalent of blowing it dry with a round brush.

While it has not been extremely humid the last day or so, it has been a bit humid. 

My hair held up.

You are only supposed to use it every 2 - 3 shampoos. The final test will be if it works after two shampoos and in extreme humidity. I'm skeptical, but will give it a go.

Also, some reviews said it worked, then stopped working, made hair dry, etc. 

I'll have to see.  As I said, this is my FIRST treatment.  

My hair is naturally curly and prone to extreme frizziness.  I mean, out-of-control, gotta-wet-it-down, cotton-candy head frizziness.

It's an alternative to having it smoothed, and an option to keep it from blowing up in the summer.

Time will tell.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: UPDATE -- Fixes for frizzy hair

@Witchy Woman wrote:

A few days back, there was a dicussion on things that might help frizzy hair.   

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Is-there-an-anti-frizz-shampoo-or-conditioner-that-really-works/...

I'm one of those that has been having my hair "smoothed" for several years...and colored.  No visible damage, but I decided to let my curls come back.

It's a challenge.  Mostly, the curls have turned to fuzz.

I've also tried everything to help keep the frizzies at bay.  Nothing worked.

Someone mentioned Wow Dream Coat Anti-Humidity
Hair Treatment.

Got it, tried it and....while this is the first time I've used it, I like it.  

First, it didn't make my hair stick straight.  Right now, it is just keeping the frizz at bay.  I don't flat iron, but use a spin brush, which is the equivalent of blowing it dry with a round brush.

While it has not been extremely humid the last day or so, it has been a bit humid. 

My hair held up.

You are only supposed to use it every 2 - 3 shampoos. The final test will be if it works after two shampoos and in extreme humidity. I'm skeptical, but will give it a go.

Also, some reviews said it worked, then stopped working, made hair dry, etc. 

I'll have to see.  As I said, this is my FIRST treatment.  

My hair is naturally curly and prone to extreme frizziness.  I mean, out-of-control, gotta-wet-it-down, cotton-candy head frizziness.

It's an alternative to having it smoothed, and an option to keep it from blowing up in the summer.

Time will tell.

Just ordered this product...the reviews are amazing...can't wait to get it. I recently got a fabulous straight iron from HSN...afer all these years I can have straight, frizz-free hair!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@emmysmom @I am a fuzz top too.Which flat iron did you purchase?

Respected Contributor

Please keep us updated on your progress!  I get Keratin treatments every 4 months.  By the 4th month, it is totally out of my hair.  But in the summer, I feel like it's gone before 2 months is even up, and I look like a singer from an 80's band.  My hair never used to be this way, but as I've gotten grayer and grayer, the texture is so springy and all I have is frizz.  I do color it, but the texture of the gray is still there, of course.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@emmysmom @I am a fuzz top too.Which flat iron did you purchase?

579-640...Martino Cartier ceramic straightener...I got it on sale for $49...I guess I got a good deal! I LOVE it!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

Please keep us updated on your progress!  I get Keratin treatments every 4 months.  By the 4th month, it is totally out of my hair.  But in the summer, I feel like it's gone before 2 months is even up, and I look like a singer from an 80's band.  My hair never used to be this way, but as I've gotten grayer and grayer, the texture is so springy and all I have is frizz.  I do color it, but the texture of the gray is still there, of course.

I feel your pain! I'm in my sixties and I hate my hair...this is the first time I feel hopeful...Martino's straight iron makes such a difference, hoping the WOW will be the magic bullet! Woman Happy

-- Mae West
Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman  Glad it's t's been working  for you so far! We have the same "challenged" hair.  I have been using the Dream coat for the past few months too. There was a learning curve for me. If I sprayed too much, too close, my hair would come out drier. And i use a big round brush to gently dry downward. My stylist said use every few days, with no other styling products. So far its been great! Like i had a keratin shot. I do get some wave on my bangs if I'm outside in humidity but what a difference. I also use Dreamcoat for Curly hair if i want to go curly and keep my curls tame in summer. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg 

I hear you.

My naturally curly hair was, at one time, amazingly beautiful.  I had a long shag haircut and could wash and just shake it out.  Think "Flash Dance" type curly hair Cat LOL

I didn't realize how lucky I was.

Over the years, the curl pattern changed, my hair texture apparently changed and, most importantly, I could not get a decent cut after my long-ago stylist left the business.  

Fast forward to about 4 years back.  I started getting Pravana Smoothing treatments (which are not the same as a keratin treatment, but similar).  

My stylist colors the same day and my hair is as smooth as glass.  Well, this year, I decided to try to find my curls again and....yikes, I forgot how unruly it could be.  

Left uncolored (never gonna happen), my light brown hair would be very salt and pepper.

The smoothing treatments may be in my future if I can get through this summer.  If I can find a happy medium of unfrizzy curls, I might forego any future treatments.

Like you, I could not get through more than maybe 3 months at the most before my hair would begin exploding.

Of all the things I've tried (and there are a million), this is the most promising so far. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DianeJ2 

Yes, it sounds like we are sisters separated at birth Cat LOL

I noted a slight amount of change in my bangs, but I hit it with my spin brush and it was fine.  That's OK with me.  Normally, I have to just wet my hair down to beat the frizz back before I roll it, spin brush it and spray it down.  

That is way too much work.

Did you notice the results lasting through shampoos, or did you need to refresh as you went through the week?

That will be the test for me.  I'm fully expecting my hair to explode into a lint ball after the first shampoo Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@DianeJ2 wrote:

@Witchy Woman  Glad it's t's been working  for you so far! We have the same "challenged" hair.  I have been using the Dream coat for the past few months too. There was a learning curve for me. If I sprayed too much, too close, my hair would come out drier. And i use a big round brush to gently dry downward. My stylist said use every few days, with no other styling products. So far its been great! Like i had a keratin shot. I do get some wave on my bangs if I'm outside in humidity but what a difference. I also use Dreamcoat for Curly hair if i want to go curly and keep my curls tame in summer. 

Thanks for the tips!!!!!! Heart

-- Mae West