Honored Contributor

UNDEREYE DARKNESS AND/OR BAGS?

I've previously recommended the technique of using two concealers: one in a peachy tone as a corrector and the lighter shade for covering "under and around" the bags, not on them which exaggerates that area. 

Watch a youtube video by Dominque Sachse called "BEFOE YOU CONCEAL....." to see the technique and steps. She uses NARS Soft Matte Concealers in a pot which are very good, highly pigmented, but creamy and blend easily. Eye cream/moisturizer is necessary before application. 

Valued Contributor

Re: UNDEREYE DARKNESS AND/OR BAGS?

@Shanus 

Thanks so much ! Will take a look . I have been doing this for awhile . I am currently using Pixi by Petra . They have a peachy one for light med skin and a apricot one for med. to deep skin . It really makes a difference . Especially if you are doing minimal makeup , covering that darkness really makes a huge difference .

have a good day .

Mar 

Occasional Contributor

@Shanus

How light should the lighter concealer be? I have tried this technique and am not able to see any difference in the puffiness.  Not sure if I am using a shade that is too light, or too dark.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I use an eye serum that contains Haloxyl™....it takes at least a month, but it will dissipate the dark circles.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi   Can you let us know the brand and hame?  I'm very interested!  

Thank you.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2    I have used probably 25 brands in 25 years, so I can't really make a recommendation.  Some become unavailable, or overly expensive, due to tariffs.    Try Google or Amazon......frankly, they all work equally well....as long as they contain the Haloxyl...the hard part is PERSISTANCE.....it really does take a while.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Shanus    I own Bobbi Brown's corrector which I love.  I have the concealer but that is just okay.  I get darkness when I don't get enough sleep.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 

Haloxyl is a patented anti-aging ingredient manufactured by the company, SedermaHaloxyl is often used as a skin lightening agent, which may reduce the appearance of dark circles with use. Haloxyl is made from a blend of peptides, the flower, chrysin and a few other components.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been using a peach concealer followed by a regular concealer for years and years. This is the only thing that really helps conceal my dark circles.     

I've tried many different brands, some more expensive than others and some better than others.  When I first started to use a peach concealer, it was harder to find and most of the ones available seemed to be more high-end.  I am now using and loving L.A. Girl Pro Concealer in peach.  I don't pay anymore than $5.00 for it and it works very well for me.  A tube goes a long way.  

Honored Contributor

@Heidismom wrote:

@Shanus

How light should the lighter concealer be? I have tried this technique and am not able to see any difference in the puffiness.  Not sure if I am using a shade that is too light, or too dark.  Thank you!

@Heidismom , IMO concealer isn't going to do anything for undereye puffiness or bags.  A peach concealer will help with dark circles and Dominique speaks to that in the video.  Then a regular concealer will cover the circles and brighten up the eye area.  

I use a peach correcter first and then a regular concealer that is about a shade lighter than my foundation.  Some people go really light with their concealer because they like a bright under eye area but if you go too light, it ends up looking odd to me.