Honored Contributor

I think I described the technique here when someone asked about concealing bags/darkness....placing the concealer not on the bag, but underneath it. Dominique Sachse just posted a YOUTUBE video several hours ago showing this technique. She even sets it with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder I suggested.

Please check it out if interested.

Respected Contributor

Re: UNDER EYE BAGS AND DARKNESS

Very cool!  Great to see such detail and not just a smearing of gloppy product everywhere.  Thanks @Shanus 

Trusted Contributor

Wayne Goss and I think others did  YT videos on this exact techique a while back.  I use the LM Under Eye Secret Brightening Powder.  It's excellent because it's super fine milled. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@I think I described the technique here when someone asked about concealing bags/darkness....placing the concealer not on the bag, but underneath it. Dominique Sachse just posted a YOUTUBE video several hours ago showing this technique. She even sets it with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder I suggested.

@Shanus - I've been doing that for Years. I also use a color corrector. Helps.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I've had "problems" with eye bags for years (maybe since birth), that got worse after an eye surgery.

I'll check this out.

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@I think I described the technique here when someone asked about concealing bags/darkness....placing the concealer not on the bag, but underneath it. Dominique Sachse just posted a YOUTUBE video several hours ago showing this technique. She even sets it with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder I suggested.

@Shanus - I've been doing that for Years. I also use a color corrector. Helps.

@Mimi 1883   Correctors are wonderful to help w/ darkness. After that, using less concealer means less creasing.

Honored Contributor

@author wrote:

Very cool!  Great to see such detail and not just a smearing of gloppy product everywhere.  Thanks @Shanus 

@author   The one thing I'm not she mentioned is that she probably hydrated the under eye quite area well before beginning the applications. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

She didn't mention the eye hydration but for me at over 70 it's a given.....!  My favorite still is BB hydrading eye cream even if I use something else first (e.g., Strivectin, Clinique, etc.); the BB goes on before concealer.

To do this right I think it will take a bit of time at first, then it will be fast and easy as you learn what works.  I also have the LM powder so am all set to try this.

Honored Contributor

@author wrote:

@Shanus 

She didn't mention the eye hydration but for me at over 70 it's a given.....!  My favorite still is BB hydrading eye cream even if I use something else first (e.g., Strivectin, Clinique, etc.); the BB goes on before concealer.

To do this right I think it will take a bit of time at first, then it will be fast and easy as you learn what works.  I also have the LM powder so am all set to try this.

@author   I also like BB's fairly new Vitamin Enriched Face base for the under eye. Like the same face moisturizer, it has a primer in it that helps smoothe the area. 

Honored Contributor

@author wrote:

@Shanus 

@author   IMHO, this is a bit too much time to spend on every day makeup. She works on TV and needs perfect coverage. I think a light hand w/ corector and concealer is an easier technique with a light hand. Being that exacting with a tiny brush would be time assuming. It's a good technique for special occasions, ZOOM meetings, etc.