Super Contributor

Has anyone used ULTA brand cosmetics before? I ordered a giftset for my niece for Christmas and was just wondering if the quality was going to be half way decent

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I have used ULTA products for years and have always been pleased.  Also, you can purchase several high-end products at ULTA for the same price as they are on the Q -- without adding the shipping charge.

Super Contributor

I have used their eyeshadows and regular lipsticks.   They are very nice.

Respected Contributor

Yes, Ulta has good quality cosmetics. I bought some eyeshadow primer from them and it was very good.

Super Contributor

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I was looking at some of their stuff and may try a couple things myself

Super Contributor

@jonickel wrote:

Yes, I have used ULTA products for years and have always been pleased.  Also, you can purchase several high-end products at ULTA for the same price as they are on the Q -- without adding the shipping charge.

That's where I picked up balance and brighten. I would never order foundation online without trying it lol

Respected Contributor

@leighagemini wrote:

Has anyone used ULTA brand cosmetics before? I ordered a giftset for my niece for Christmas and was just wondering if the quality was going to be half way decent

If you're talking about one of those train cases with all the shadows, blushes, lip gloss, eyeliners, etc. I wouldn't expect too much out of it. 

The regular, non-holiday stuff is pretty okay.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been happy with the quality of their products- the mascaras particularly. I buy several whenever they have buy 2 get 2 free of the ulta products! Other than the lip butter,  I haven't been too happy with the lip products -- I must be senstiive to an ingredient.

Frequent Contributor

Interesting- I like some of their lip products (the fat crayons, the lip butters and the automatic liners)  but I've triend three of their mascaras that came in GWP kits and thought they sucked. Smudgy or crumbly. I'm not a mascara snob but I do prefer drugstore since to me they work as well as high end and I don't like to spend a lot on something I have to toss in a few months, but the ULTA mascaras I tried (the blue one, the silver one and the orange one) were nowhere near as good as L'Oreal or Maybelline.

i do agree with the previous poster- the products in the huge train case sets are not as good as their regular line. The powders are less pigmented IMO. I used to buy these for my niece when she was a teen- now she's in her 20's and prefers less bulk and more quality.

Honored Contributor
I like the train case with just the shadows. was not a fan of some of the other products. I also like their gel pencil liners and when I purchased them they were on sale for a dollar apiece! Their primers are good also