Frequent Contributor

UD Naked2 vs. Too Faced Chocolate bar

Hi ladies,

I am in need of your experiences,,,recently I bought the too faced Chocolate bar eyeshadow palette;;;it is ok but I am not in love with it for the $49 price tag. so, I just ordered the Naked 2 Urban Decay (Like I NEED any more eyeshadows)!!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} What have your thoughts been if you've tried these..? Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: UD Naked2 vs. Too Faced Chocolate bar

I have both of these but never use the Naked 2. Personally I found the shades very shimmery, darker and it seems to have a fair amount of fall out. I prefer the Chocolate palette. They both seem to be very well liked so honestly I think its just preference for the looks you like to create and the shades that flatter you best. The Chocolate palette is warmer IMO.

Frequent Contributor

Bljed, thanks for your input.!!Smile

Super Contributor

On 2/19/2014 animalsrus said:

No problem, I hope you really like the Naked 2! I first bought the 1 and then exchanged it for 2. Also bought 3 but did not care for it so exchanged it for the Chocolate palette. lol Sometimes its trial and error finding a palette you love. Today I picked up the Tarte CC Matte and really like it!

Frequent Contributor

On 2/19/2014 bljed said:
On 2/19/2014 animalsrus said:

No problem, I hope you really like the Naked 2! I first bought the 1 and then exchanged it for 2. Also bought 3 but did not care for it so exchanged it for the Chocolate palette. lol Sometimes its trial and error finding a palette you love. Today I picked up the Tarte CC Matte and really like it!

You are so right...I can't tell you how many eyeshadows and liners I have. I still have alot of BE loose eyeshadows in all colors,,but turned 56 in Dec....decided to go more neutral and not glittery. I hate to throw all of this stuff out,,but its just taking up space. Again,,thanks and have a good weekend.!

Super Contributor

The too faced one is browns. While naked 2 is taupe colors. I would keep both. They are different colors
Respected Contributor

Honestly, they are pretty different. I like the N2, but feel like you can do WAY more looks with the TF chocolate.
Super Contributor

I have Naked 2 and Too Faced chocolate bar. I agree that they are both different. I really like both, but lately I can't seem to put the chocolate one down!
Respected Contributor

I wound up returning the TooFaced Chocolate Bar palette. I didn't think the color payoff was great or the wear. I had stalked Sephora for it and was disappointed in it. I much prefer the Naked 3 I had bought shortly before. Not because of the colors, per se, but because the UD shadows feel so much creamier going on, have better color payoff, and wear better, IMO.
Frequent Contributor

I agree that the NaKed 2 ( def cool toned and lots of shimmer) and Chocolate Bar ( much warmer with a great mix of matte, satin, and shimmer ) are two very different palettes. I own and like them both very much. I reach for the Chocolate Bar more, tho.