Respected Contributor

Two random questions of the day !!!

Why the heck is Calista charging $300 for a dryer and why does Evine do so many remotes , Evine could pass the savings on to the customers's shipping charges by not doing remotes from Florida and other places . QVC doesn't even do remote s and they have a huge budget compared to Evine , just goes to show the poor management at Evine. And back to Calista , the brand is far from prestige , it just looks stupid . Sorry for the rants , any opinions , or am i just overacting?

Respected Contributor

Re: Two random questions of the day !!!

Any one notice either of these things ?

Trusted Contributor

No clue regarding the Calista question.  I very much like the Evine remote locations shows.  It is more interesting and something different than seeing the same people showing the same products on the same sets ALL the time.  Some of the remotes are actually fun - like the cruise!

Respected Contributor

@MW in Iowa   This thread caught my eye immediately! When I saw that hair dryer and the price, I was like WTH?? In Dyson’s defense at least that guy is some kind of an engineer and has been doing what he’s doing for a long time. There’s no way the Calista lady can justify that price to me. None! 

Your rant is a good one in my eyes! 😁

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the replies , i didn't think the remotes were necessary for a struggling shopping channel , but i am glad that some people enjoy them , i guess my question is how much money are put into them.And back to the dryer , i would consider the dyson or T3 but never put that much money into a tv shopping hairstylist dryer. I see Cajj has 1 for $89.