Respected Contributor

I keep trying to get this right.  I have chin length fine hair.  I have used several different amounts of this cleanser including following the directions.  The first day my hair is fine but on day 2 it goes flat and my scalp feels a bit oily.  I rinse and rinse in the shower.  Anyone else have this problem?  I think WEN works better for me.  I usually wash my hair every other day.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I keep trying to get this right.  I have chin length fine hair.  I have used several different amounts of this cleanser including following the directions.  The first day my hair is fine but on day 2 it goes flat and my scalp feels a bit oily.  I rinse and rinse in the shower.  Anyone else have this problem?  I think WEN works better for me.  I usually wash my hair every other day.

@bargainsgirl  If you read the Tweak'd ingredients, it's mostly oils and dimethicone. They weigh down my curly/wavy hair which is between medium and fine. WEN did the same thing. 

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

@bargainsgirl What version are you using, Restore or Rise & Shine?  My hair is similar to yours, slightly shorter.  When I use the Restore, that’s what happens to my hair too. It makes it almost too soft.  I have to use a dry shampoo on Day 2. When I use the Rise & Shine I have much better hair on Day 2.  Don’t get me wrong, I love Tweak’d products but sometimes it’s hard to make heads or tails from what these vendors and presenters say.  “It’s for dry, damaged hair but good for all hair types” is misleading.  Or they’ll say one is the most volumizing on one presentation and on another channel another scent is the most volumizing.  It can make one’s head spin.  They all do it one way or another.  It’s akin to saying foundation shades are very forgiving.  Umm, no they’re not.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I know it's a little crazy but I don't mind mixing things up. I have the JUMBO Tweak'd Shampoo/Cond. and I love them however, sometimes I need some extra moisture since I have long hair. I love to use the Tweak'd shampoo and then use my WEN as my conditioner and a tiny bit as a leave in. Some days I just use the Tweak'd Shampoo/Cond. especially if I am in a hurry, WEN takes a little longer since it is heavy and takes more time to rise. Just thought i would mention what I am enjoying.

Respected Contributor

I have curly hair and have never had a problem with TweakD.  I tried WEN, but I was one of those who's hair started falling out.  When Tweakd came out I found out quickly that less is more.  I don't have to use very much.  It rinses clean and I don't have to re-wash tor 3 days.  I just wet my hair with water and use a little bit of the balm and scrunch it in.  I'm out the door in a couple of minutes.  These are great products.

Frequent Contributor

How much shampoo and conditioner should I be using?  I have fine long hair.  Should it be a quarter size of product?  I normally use WEN so I am used to using palmfuls of product.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I have no luck with any of those types of poos/cleansers--none of them----try them for a few days and end up with flat hair and itchy scalp. I follow instructions to no avail. Have thin, stick straight, short  hair----it all weighs it down and I shampoo every other day---waste of time and $$ for me.