Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tweaked or Wen preference

@SandGirl , I could be wrong here, but I thought Chaz gets migraine headaches from synthetic fragrances, so doesn't use them in his products.

I suppose I could ask WEN's cs staff to check that statement for accuracy.

Frequent Contributor

I actually use both now. I was a Wen user exclusively for about 10 years and started having issues (not pointing fingers, just saying). I then discovered Ojan and loved it. When that was discontinued I started using Tweakd and absolutely loved that. I will say when it comes to styling cream I definitely like Wen better. It seems to leave my hair much softer with less frizz. Admittedly I still buy the gallon of Wen summer mango coconut as I simply cannot find a scent I like better. I use it occasionally more for the aromatherapy I guess you can say. So bottom line they are both good brands and depending on your personal needs and your hair you may find you like one better than the other or like me use both. Good luck.
Trusted Contributor

WEN all the way!!  I have used WEN exclusively for about 15 years now. I no longer shed hair throughout the day like I used to.  I have soft, voluminous hair with lots of body using WEN. 👍🏻

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

Definitely Wen for me!
If I use Tweak'd or any type of shampoo (expensive brands), I lose so much hair.

I have extremely fine, thin hair. 
Wen is the only product that keeps more hair on my head than in the drain.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Classy Hoosier wrote:

Do you have better results with one of these brands?  Why isn't Wen classified as clean beauty?

I'm glad you asked!

All of Chaz Dean's WEN products are certified Cruelty Free by Leaping Bunny (an independent third party).

However, it looks like various beauty websites that embrace the concept of Clean Beauty have written their own definitions of what that means to them. WEN products all easily qualify as "Clean Beauty" under some definitions, not others.

In this particular case, QVC formed their definition of Clean Beauty to exclude the widely used ingredient methylisothiazolinone, even if present in amounts that fall well within the cosmetic industry's "safe" level.

Methylisothiazolinone is found in some WEN products, so WEN doesn't meet the current QVC definition of "clean beauty".

FYI, for those who mentioned that WEN gave them an itchy scalp, this ingredient is known to do that, so maybe a different one that doesn't include that ingredient would work for you. It is often paired with 2 other ingredients that are also long names that start with M.  All thriee can cause itchy scalps.  BTW, I am not a WEN proponent.  I have never used it.  Just wanted to address the ingredient.

As far as Clean  Beautygoes, there is no one definition of Clean, so I'm not impressed with that designation.  In fact, I have absolutely no problem with some of the ingredients at least QVC doesn't allow in their Clean beauty brands.  

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

☺ WEN all the way.

Better ingredients. Better results.

More than that, I owe Chaz a debt of gratitude for inspiration and information that lead me to finally understand the nature of my hair. 

✂ snip

By the way @relaxed styles, I don't think I've ever seen a poster who signed up, then waited nearly ten years to write their first post.

@x Hedge I did that. I was a lurker for years.  It might not have been 10 years, but it was many.  Same for the HSN boards.  Funny thing, as soon as I did start posting on the Q boards, I got attacked by one lady in particular who followed me around commenting on my posts that I was some lady who apparently had taken financial adavantage of several ladies here.  Not sure how you do that since these boards are supposed to be anonymous.  My sin, apparently, was in posting something about oils in my first post (or might have been a response) and that I mixed my own hair oil.   Maybe she had been selling them oils or something; I have no idea.  All of her friends also jumped in and attacked me too.  I guess I just outlasted them.

BTW, what does snip with the little scissors mean?  And how do you do that?  Just curious.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@SandGirl , I could be wrong here, but I thought Chaz gets migraine headaches from synthetic fragrances, so doesn't use them in his products.

I suppose I could ask WEN's cs staff to check that statement for accuracy.

@x Hedge  I have emailed CS in the past they told me for the frangrance they use a mix of essential oils and synthetic fragrance and that is why "fragrance" is listed on the ingredient deck.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info @SandGirl 👍👍