Honored Contributor

Re: Tweaked or Wen preference

@relaxed styles wrote:

I agree 100% with last comment. I used wen for quite sometimehad that greasy feeling so was washing it every other day. Started noticing my hair thinning then I saw tweak was so happy. Remembered Dennis from his other products used them and missed them when he stopped. Bought all of Tweak products and love them. Best ever.I can go 3to4 day on 1shampoo. 

Tried Tweeked - noticed hair loss / breakage,  itchy scalp, and greasiness, by the end of the day.  Found the scents. oppressive.

3 - 4 days without cleansing ?!

Now a longtime, Happy WEN user, - thick, shinny, full hair! 

I can’t imagine going without it, thanks Chaz!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

ANYTHING but Wen!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Everytthing works differently for different people.  Myself I have been a Wen girl almost as long as @SurferWife .  I do once in awhile use some Tweak'd to change it up and I like both but have always returned to my Wen.   

Valued Contributor

I do the same @bargainsgirl !  I alternate between WEN and Tweaked.  love them both.  I have short, color treated hair.  I've used WEN for years, but I find I get more volume and bounce when I use Tweaked.  If my hair gets to feeling dry, or if I have to wash more often because I work out, I use WEN.  Most days, though Tweaked wins.  

I'm glad Tweaked came along because I don't need much of it to wash my hair, so it lasts MUCH longer than WEN and saves money!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Classy Hoosier wrote:

Do you have better results with one of these brands?  Why isn't Wen classified as clean beauty?

@Classy Hoosier  I am not sure why it's not considered clean beauty but my hunch is the synthetic fragrance he uses for all the diff. scents, he uses a mix of oils and synthetic fragrance to get the scents.

I like Tweaked for days I am in a hurry and just don't have time to do my Wen routine however, I have long hair and with Tweaks its knoted when i get out of the shower, I have to use a bunch of leave-in and a light serum to comb through my hair but when I use my Wen I don't need anything and my comb goes right through with no issues.

Even thought my hair is long I do "style" it, I do not like 2nd day hair so when I need to leave the house it gets washed and styled so if Wen did make greasy 2nd day hair I really wouldn't even know it since if I go anywhere I wash it anyways, for me they are both great, just depends on how much time I have to shower that day.

With the great return policy, try both, return what you don't like, everyones hair is diff. so we can all give you our thoughts but until you try them, you won't know which does best for your hair, they could both be a hit or both be a miss, just give them a try.

One other thing about Wen, even though there are lots of scents they are not consistant, this is the one thing some LIKE about Wen while others do not like, I'm one that doesn't like this, each scent performs differently and he has A LOT of diff. scents (I think over 40 now) and for me they are a hit or miss and sending stuff back to QVC can get expensive so once you find what works for you, best to stick with it since each scent really does perform differently (at least this is the case for me) Also, ingredient deck is diff. for each.

Respected Contributor

Wen, by a 1000%...Chaz knows his products, he is a hair & skin genius. There is a drop down box on Chaz's website under "Tips & Tricks" it is excellent, a wealth of info..  Also I might add if you have never tried his body & skin care you are missing out..My hair is baby fine, color treated & I use nothing else..awsome hair..

@Classy Hoosier If you are  interested in either product you 

gave no indication of that, (your hair type, why you are interested in either product, do you color your hair, etc)

You can purchase a small bottle of each & try for yourself, the Q has a return policy..

Honored Contributor

neither one sends me over the moon--but Tweak'd is better for my hair-- LOVE the scalp scrub---and am using the shampoo which is ok--and used OJON after my chemo was done and my hair was growing out--and way back then OJON had a condiditioning spray that I REALLY LOVED---Wen--tried it once--made me itch

Respected Contributor

Hands down Tweak'd.  WEN made my hair fall out.  Tweaked returned it to its full, bouncy self.  I have now gone grey and the shine I get always draws compliments.

Valued Contributor

Tweak’d.  At first I could not justify how much product you had to use for middle of the back length hair, then the shower drains always backed up from all the product, and then like others I noticed loss of hair.  Significant.  I stopped all these co wash products for years then when Tweak’d came out and a) realized how little you needed to use (good cost value and no more clogged drains) but b) my hair actually likes the product. I like the chocolate wash but admit that I use the brown jar conditioning product and separate oil.  Cannot think of the exact product names but I use this and also mix in Beekman shampoo and conditioner about three days a week.

Esteemed Contributor

@Classy Hoosier wrote:

Do you have better results with one of these brands?  Why isn't Wen classified as clean beauty?

I'm glad you asked!

All of Chaz Dean's WEN products are certified Cruelty Free by Leaping Bunny (an independent third party).

However, it looks like various beauty websites that embrace the concept of Clean Beauty have written their own definitions of what that means to them. WEN products all easily qualify as "Clean Beauty" under some definitions, not others.

In this particular case, QVC formed their definition of Clean Beauty to exclude the widely used ingredient methylisothiazolinone, even if present in amounts that fall well within the cosmetic industry's "safe" level.

Methylisothiazolinone is found in some WEN products, so WEN doesn't meet the current QVC definition of "clean beauty".