Respected Contributor

Tweak-d has outdone themselves

Sorry if this has an existing thread- I didn't see one.  The newer Vanilla Amber two piece kit with the 5 in 1 Dhatelo seed oil Restore Cleansing Hair Treatment & Limitless Styling Creme is several notches above the other Tweak-d products IMO.  It's item #545-819.  Interesting ingredient deck.

I bought the $39 kit w/ an 8oz cleanser-  which is also sold for $24 if purchased solo. Not a very good value for me-  it won't last long enough. The cleanser is in a smaller 8 oz jar or 8.5 oz bottle rather than the big tubs Denis brings. I just noticed he DID bring this one in the larger tub. YAAAY!!!  I'm not big on styling products beyond a few of my tried & trues, but really LOVE this one!   I'd used the cleanser 4x with the jar more than half gone.  My hair is so thick it takes a lot of product even though I only cleanse once to twice a week.  Right now it stays clean and shiny that long but once we're in the thick of summer I'll be cleansing more often.  I'm excited to see the bigger jar in this formula for $26 so I can continue buying.  These get my praise & very high recommendation.  Both the 5 in 1 and styling cream are amazing.  This bottle of styling cream will go far..  I was worried about the cleanser being cost prohibitive.   So glad I tried this specific kit.  Works great for both wavy/ curly air dry and easy blowouts. The strength, shine & smoothed cuticle texture of my hair is incredible! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tweak-d has outdone themselves

Hi @Funloving! Yes, I love the Dhatelo Restore CC which is the replacement for the old Big jar of the Restore. If I remember correctly (it has been awhile since I did the comparison), it is the same ingredient list as the old jar restore but he renamed it and offered it in a smaller jar for some reason? Not sure why the name change but I still love it as much as the original, luckily! Smiley Happy I tried the other scents but the Vanilla Amber is my favorite as it is the same scent as the original Restore and I've always been fond of that one. 

Thanks for the review on the styling cream. Although I don't need a "styling" cream per se, his claims to do a whole lot more than styling so I've been really tempted to try it. I was going to pick it up last time but there weren't a whole lot of reviews and they were really mixed. However, because we tend to like alot of the same things, I am going to give it a try! Can't hurt, right? Plus I've loved all the other things I've tried of his (except the Peaches and cream CC) so I bet it is good. He has GREAT ingredients in his products and his stuff lasts me such a long time. I still have a jars of the old restore in my cabinet along with the 3 pc CC with the different scents AND some of the old nourishing foam can too. Good stuff! I am going to wait for one of the 20% off coupons HSN sends me to pick the styling cream up. I will let you know what I think.

So happy you found products that you love for your hair!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your input @HappyDaze!  Yes, the styling cream is more and way different than a typical styling product.  I'm thinking the combination might be what makes this superior to the cleansing tx alone- at least for me.  Naturally everyone is different & mileages may vary.  Since I've only used them in tandem I'll  have to try it without the Breu Stylist to test my theory.  So far I agree about it being much more... just as Denis claims.  The combo enables me to go longer between cleansing... seems like an extension of the 5 in 1 for keeping the hair shaft strong, shiny and healthy.  AND a huge factor- there's no build up, which is what I truly dislike about styling products in general. 

I'll be interested to hear what you think.  I wouldn't venture out to the other products like the hairsprays- I don't do hairsprays. I have a bottle of his mist and can do without that too.  

Thanks for letting me know it's the original formula. When Tweak-d first launched they brought out the two foams- Rise & Shine and the Restore version,  if memory serves.  The foams were ok, but I found the subsequent tubes of cleanser better.  I purchased the set of 4 @ a lower special price.  My favorite being "Above the Clouds".  Something about that one made my thick hair more light and airy... (odd description isn't it? lol ) but best results for my hair type.  Tribal Chocolate & Peaches and Cream were my least favorite.  My point being, I was busy using up these large tubes & discovered the jar/tub formula long after you.  I bought one from eBay yet always forget to use, even as a pre-tx since I rotate between a few different cleansers.. one being Wen. 

I literally spotted the large tub for $2 more than the 8 oz when writing this late last night.. :smileysurprised...:and bought it in part with a small amount of Spendable Kash.   Well worth the price for me.  

Whew...another novelette....lol.  Take care my friend.

ETA:- The jar I bought from eBay and this formula are much different! That's why I was so stoked about large jars of the Dhatelo Restore.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Hi @Funloving! Yes, I love the Dhatelo Restore CC which is the replacement for the old Big jar of the Restore. If I remember correctly (it has been awhile since I did the comparison), it is the same ingredient list as the old jar restore but he renamed it and offered it in a smaller jar for some reason? Not sure why the name change but I still love it as much as the original, luckily! Smiley Happy I tried the other scents but the Vanilla Amber is my favorite as it is the same scent as the original Restore and I've always been fond of that one. 

Thanks for the review on the styling cream. Although I don't need a "styling" cream per se, his claims to do a whole lot more than styling so I've been really tempted to try it. I was going to pick it up last time but there weren't a whole lot of reviews and they were really mixed. However, because we tend to like alot of the same things, I am going to give it a try! Can't hurt, right? Plus I've loved all the other things I've tried of his (except the Peaches and cream CC) so I bet it is good. He has GREAT ingredients in his products and his stuff lasts me such a long time. I still have a jars of the old restore in my cabinet along with the 3 pc CC with the different scents AND some of the old nourishing foam can too. Good stuff! I am going to wait for one of the 20% off coupons HSN sends me to pick the styling cream up. I will let you know what I think.

So happy you found products that you love for your hair!

I'd like to know what you think too, @HappyDaze.  I still have that original tub as well and I have to admit, I rarely use it (not that I didn't like it, I just usually use WEN -- I know you use both).  I also still have the Tribal Chocolate.  Was curious about the styling cream but it has some pretty mixed reviews alone -- seems like people either love it or hate it and I'm not sure which camp I would be in.

By the way, I just spotted a 25% coupon for HSN and I think there may still be a 15% one out there, unless it just expired.  So check the usual sources.