Respected Contributor

Re: Tweak'd TSV - What if you shampoo / cleanse hair daily?

@blackhole99 wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't shampoo everyday,but my husband does, he uses the Restore 6 days and on day 7 Rise and Shine. My husband has very fine silver hair and it looks great, he does have an oily scalp so DS is right about that.

@blackhole99  Thank you! and see, I would have thought i would be the opposite, Rise and Shine daily and Restore 1 day a week, see how confused I am.

@SandGirl  The Rise and Shine is the volumizing scrub, you can't get a comb through your hair when you shampoo with that, you need to use the revitalizing mist after the scrub, at last that's what we do. I can't imagine using Rise and Shine as a daily cleanse. If I'm not mistaken DS mentioned that it's a clarifying shampoo. 

@blackhole99  They have a Rise & Shine Shampoo & Cond. set, it's seperate from the scrub you are talking about, the scrub is for once a week is how I understand it

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone with curly hair use the Restore product?  Not one model had curly hair for the presentation of the TSV.  The one that did have curly hair was demoing the mist product.  She had gorgeous curls, by the way.

Trusted Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Lattelvr wrote:

I was interested in getting the TSV but only caught  a little of his presentation last night so I wasn't sure if Dennis mentioned about hair volume if this would be good for that.  

My question-- would this weigh down or add volume to fine hair?  I have color treated with highlights but definitely on the finer side.  Also, does any regular users of his line can recommend which hair spray of his would be better?.  I saw 2 finishing sprays and one for volume.  

@Lattelvr If this helps....I have fine hair and it's cut in a short pixie. This product line does not weigh down my hair. In fact it has more body than I've ever had.  I was really surprised I liked the line...my Magpie sister started me on this line with the chocolate one and I'm so glad she did.  

Thank you for responding.  I'm really leaning towards trying this.  Can you or maybe your sister if she uses, recommend any of his hair sprays?  I'm trying to wean myself off of the drug store stuff that makes my hair crispy crunchy.  LOL!  

@Lattelvr I'm so sorry.  I just saw your post.  I will ask my sister as I don't use hairspray.  I honestly don't think you could go wrong with whatever you select.  

Trusted Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

@Lattelvr wrote:

I was interested in getting the TSV but only caught  a little of his presentation last night so I wasn't sure if Dennis mentioned about hair volume if this would be good for that.  

My question-- would this weigh down or add volume to fine hair?  I have color treated with highlights but definitely on the finer side.  Also, does any regular users of his line can recommend which hair spray of his would be better?.  I saw 2 finishing sprays and one for volume.  

@Lattelvr If this helps....I have fine hair and it's cut in a short pixie. This product line does not weigh down my hair. In fact it has more body than I've ever had.  I was really surprised I liked the line...my Magpie sister started me on this line with the chocolate one and I'm so glad she did.  

Thank you for responding.  I'm really leaning towards trying this.  Can you or maybe your sister if she uses, recommend any of his hair sprays?  I'm trying to wean myself off of the drug store stuff that makes my hair crispy crunchy.  LOL!  

@Lattelvr I'm so sorry.  I just saw your post.  I will ask my sister as I don't use hairspray.  I honestly don't think you could go wrong with whatever you select.  

@Lattelvr I just checked...my sister doesn't use hairspray from this line.  Sorry we couldn't help you.

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@SandGirl The heavy proteins are exactly why I can't use his cleansing products. I like several of his styling products, but the cleaners are overkill on protein. My hair becomes straw - it does not like protein at all. In fairness, it doesn't mean his cleansing products are bad or not good, it just means they're not good for MY hair. I know other's have good luck. 

For in between cleansing, (and those that cleanse more often) his Rise and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner set (Volume) and Restore Shampoo and Conditioner set (Damaged hair) are what he recommends. HTH!

@AmericanBulldogMom 

Which one did you try? I ask because I think we have similar hair, dry and curly, and I know we both get good results with Wen. I am currently out of the tweakd but found while I didn't like the sets, shampoo and conditioner, the single cleansers like the chocolate and the apricot were terrific

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't shampoo everyday,but my husband does, he uses the Restore 6 days and on day 7 Rise and Shine. My husband has very fine silver hair and it looks great, he does have an oily scalp so DS is right about that.

@blackhole99  Thank you! and see, I would have thought i would be the opposite, Rise and Shine daily and Restore 1 day a week, see how confused I am.

@SandGirl  The Rise and Shine is the volumizing scrub, you can't get a comb through your hair when you shampoo with that, you need to use the revitalizing mist after the scrub, at last that's what we do. I can't imagine using Rise and Shine as a daily cleanse. If I'm not mistaken DS mentioned that it's a clarifying shampoo. 

@blackhole99  They have a Rise & Shine Shampoo & Cond. set, it's seperate from the scrub you are talking about, the scrub is for once a week is how I understand it

@SandGirl  Yes, that's true and I have that set, but I heard DS say you could use the scrub everyday and it would not damage your hair, that the water is the culprit. 

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@SandGirl The heavy proteins are exactly why I can't use his cleansing products. I like several of his styling products, but the cleaners are overkill on protein. My hair becomes straw - it does not like protein at all. In fairness, it doesn't mean his cleansing products are bad or not good, it just means they're not good for MY hair. I know other's have good luck. 

For in between cleansing, (and those that cleanse more often) his Rise and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner set (Volume) and Restore Shampoo and Conditioner set (Damaged hair) are what he recommends. HTH!

@AmericanBulldogMom 

Which one did you try? I ask because I think we have similar hair, dry and curly, and I know we both get good results with Wen. I am currently out of the tweakd but found while I didn't like the sets, shampoo and conditioner, the single cleansers like the chocolate and the apricot were terrific

@Andreatoo I have tried all his 5 in 1 cleansers and my hair doesn't really care for any of them. The worst is the original Restore. That's highest in protein of the 5 in 1's. I stay away from anything that's for damaged hair, etc. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

For those who use tweeked I how are you able to use a teaspoon of product and be able to cover your hair?  I have fine below the shoulder hair and I don' believe a teaspoon would be enough?

@isaboo  I squirt a tiny amount into my hand and emulsify it and then apply to my hair.  You'd be surprised how far a little bit goes.  A little dab will do ya...and this comes from a girl who didn't believe that.  Smiles.  Hope this helps.

Thank you Misplaced Parisian ,  I will give it a try. Do you use a little more when you wet your hair?

Trusted Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

I have tried MANY, MANY times to get ahold of someone with Tweak'd to ask them what I would use if I am a daily cleanser, I spray my hair, curl it, blow dry and workout at night, there is no getting around it, I must cleanse each day I go to work or leave the house (4-5 days a week)

Would the TSV be okay to use DAILY? If not, what is even recommended for daily use, he normally just says "with my product you only need to cleanse 1-2 times a week" - Well, maybe that's fine for some but for others we cleanse daily, so what is okay to use, I know it sounds like a silly question but some products have to much protein and such in it and if used dialy can cause breakage so I just want to know if I tried his line, what are my daily products and which are just once or twice weekly.

I know the "scrub" is just once weekly but what about other products.

Sorry for the confusing post, hopefully someone understands it LOL!!

Hi @SandGirl  I have baby fine hair that I cleanse every day due to workouts and product in my hair and I use the Restore Cleansing Treatment every day and it is wonderful. I have never tried his shampoo and cond, because I don't care for the more traditional shampoos and conditioners since I gave up lather about 10 years ago. I also have the Wild Summer Apricot and they are both equally good. I never skip a day's cleanse, and it does not weigh my hair down. I hope this helps! 

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

I have tried MANY, MANY times to get ahold of someone with Tweak'd to ask them what I would use if I am a daily cleanser, I spray my hair, curl it, blow dry and workout at night, there is no getting around it, I must cleanse each day I go to work or leave the house (4-5 days a week)

Would the TSV be okay to use DAILY? If not, what is even recommended for daily use, he normally just says "with my product you only need to cleanse 1-2 times a week" - Well, maybe that's fine for some but for others we cleanse daily, so what is okay to use, I know it sounds like a silly question but some products have to much protein and such in it and if used dialy can cause breakage so I just want to know if I tried his line, what are my daily products and which are just once or twice weekly.

I know the "scrub" is just once weekly but what about other products.

Sorry for the confusing post, hopefully someone understands it LOL!!

I watched the Tweak'd shows during the TSV presentations and Denis said absolutely you can use it everyday if you want to.