Respected Contributor

Tweak'd TSV - What if you shampoo / cleanse hair daily?

I have tried MANY, MANY times to get ahold of someone with Tweak'd to ask them what I would use if I am a daily cleanser, I spray my hair, curl it, blow dry and workout at night, there is no getting around it, I must cleanse each day I go to work or leave the house (4-5 days a week)

Would the TSV be okay to use DAILY? If not, what is even recommended for daily use, he normally just says "with my product you only need to cleanse 1-2 times a week" - Well, maybe that's fine for some but for others we cleanse daily, so what is okay to use, I know it sounds like a silly question but some products have to much protein and such in it and if used dialy can cause breakage so I just want to know if I tried his line, what are my daily products and which are just once or twice weekly.

I know the "scrub" is just once weekly but what about other products.

Sorry for the confusing post, hopefully someone understands it LOL!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Tweak'd TSV - What if you shampoo / cleanse hair daily?

I don't shampoo everyday,but my husband does, he uses the Restore 6 days and on day 7 Rise and Shine. My husband has very fine silver hair and it looks great, he does have an oily scalp so DS is right about that.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Not confusing at all, @SandGirl .

Good point about potential brittleness and increased breakage.

Esteemed Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

I have tried MANY, MANY times to get ahold of someone with Tweak'd to ask them what I would use if I am a daily cleanser, I spray my hair, curl it, blow dry and workout at night, there is no getting around it, I must cleanse each day I go to work or leave the house (4-5 days a week)

Would the TSV be okay to use DAILY? If not, what is even recommended for daily use, he normally just says "with my product you only need to cleanse 1-2 times a week" - Well, maybe that's fine for some but for others we cleanse daily, so what is okay to use, I know it sounds like a silly question but some products have to much protein and such in it and if used dialy can cause breakage so I just want to know if I tried his line, what are my daily products and which

are just once or twice weekly.

I know the "scrub" is just once weekly but what about other products.

Sorry for the confusing post, hopefully someone understands it LOL!!

@SandGirl    ..... Call into the show when Denis is on the air & ask him

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl The heavy proteins are exactly why I can't use his cleansing products. I like several of his styling products, but the cleaners are overkill on protein. My hair becomes straw - it does not like protein at all. In fairness, it doesn't mean his cleansing products are bad or not good, it just means they're not good for MY hair. I know other's have good luck. 

For in between cleansing, (and those that cleanse more often) his Rise and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner set (Volume) and Restore Shampoo and Conditioner set (Damaged hair) are what he recommends. HTH!

Trusted Contributor

@SandGirl  Hi!  I wash every day and use Tweak'd every day.  I have a short pixie do and do not feel my best unless I wash my hair daily (helps me wake up in the morning).  Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Not confusing at all, @SandGirl .

Good point about potential brittleness and increased breakage.

Thank you!  Sometimes my fingers just type whatever my brain is thinking lol

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't shampoo everyday,but my husband does, he uses the Restore 6 days and on day 7 Rise and Shine. My husband has very fine silver hair and it looks great, he does have an oily scalp so DS is right about that.

@blackhole99  Thank you! and see, I would have thought i would be the opposite, Rise and Shine daily and Restore 1 day a week, see how confused I am.

Respected Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@SandGirl  Hi!  I wash every day and use Tweak'd every day.  I have a short pixie do and do not feel my best unless I wash my hair daily (helps me wake up in the morning).  Hope this helps.

@Misplaced Parisian  Thank you! But, what "shampoo / cond" or "products" do you use each day to cleanse and which do you use only once a week?

Valued Contributor

I was interested in getting the TSV but only caught  a little of his presentation last night so I wasn't sure if Dennis mentioned about hair volume if this would be good for that.  

My question-- would this weigh down or add volume to fine hair?  I have color treated with highlights but definitely on the finer side.  Also, does any regular users of his line can recommend which hair spray of his would be better?.  I saw 2 finishing sprays and one for volume.